1.6mm walls at 0.09 setting

Hi guys,

I am trying to print 1.6mm wide walls with infill. At 0.14 there is infill, but at 0.09 the walls are hollow, is this expected behaviour?

Z-ABS profile

Thanks in advance,

Nick

Hi guys,

I am trying to print 1.6mm wide walls with infill. At 0.14 there is infill, but at 0.09 the walls are hollow, is this expected behaviour?

Z-ABS profile

Thanks in advance,

Nick

Hi nick,

This is a bug in the Z-ABS profile at 0.9.

I reported this a couple of months ago, so it should be sorted in the next software hopefully.

thanks for the reply :)

Can you upload me STL file? Could be through PM if you dont want to share it publicly. 

I've made quick test, the wall is 1,601 mm thick

This has been going on since last year at least. I put in a bug report on it, never really been acted on. Each new release I try it again, still the same. See "Infill still doesn't infill" Oct 17, 2015. Still says "in progress" and still doesn't infill on 1.5.02.

I came across this problem while doing some prints for a client. I made a gauge to check for acceptable wall thicknesses. 

ma9m91g.png?1

I got the following for z-abs "0.09" mm layer thickness

~0.4mm min wall thickness

~0.8 to 0.99mm vary small contour overlap, may or may not be a problem (test print)

~1.39 to 1.6mm  empty space

~1.9 to 2.13mm empty space

for z-abs "0.14" mm layer thickness

~0.45mm min wall thickness

~0.95 to 1.09mm  thin-empty space

~2.14 to 2.33mm empty space

for z-abs "0.19" mm layer thickness

~0.46mm min wall thickness

~0.95 to 1.09mm  thin-empty space

~2.14 to 2.33mm empty space

You can see that its dependent on print settings.......

A agree - I found I could mess about with the settings or change the wall thickness by a tiny bit, or even the surrounding geometry and have it go from empty to infill. There is something wiggy with their algorithm when the wall spacing is thin.

Unfortunately, when running a bureau it is not practical to adjust client still files... boo

Unfortunately, when running a bureau it is not practical to adjust client still files... boo

This is my issue as well when printing for clients. The only thing I can do is switch the layer resolution to a lower quality print... and that only works sometimes. I hope they fix the problem soon. Seems to exist for the Inventure as well.

Go to bug reports and find my report and add to it. That will at least bring it back to the front page. Some noise needs to be made to get attention....