3D printed engine-assembled

Hello all, I have now assembled the engine, please have a look! It`s a 900ccm turbocharged air/oilcooled 180 deg. crank twin. 4 valve per cylinder. Camshaft gear drive-hydraulic lash adjusters. Concentric to crankshaft balancers. 6 speed gearbox. Fuel injection & electronic ignition. I used real ball/roller bearings in the printed engine. Everything works well together, CNC machining to commence in second half of 2016.

I am also printing the rest of the motorcycle, but as it is still in the design phase, I can't post any pics of the complete motorcycle for another 6 months or so.

Hope you like the pics!

John Tangerås

Really awesome !!

Congratulations

Good God, how much did you pay just for the plastic?

nice!

Good God, how much did you pay just for the plastic?

hehe, stopped counting a long time ago.....

Hello all, I have now assembled the engine, please have a look! It`s a 900ccm turbocharged air/oilcooled 180 deg. crank twin. 4 valve per cylinder. Camshaft gear drive-hydraulic lash adjusters. Concentric to crankshaft balancers. 6 speed gearbox. Fuel injection & electronic ignition. I used real ball/roller bearings in the printed engine. Everything works well together, CNC machining to commence in second half of 2016.

I am also printing the rest of the motorcycle, but as it is still in the design phase, I can’t post any pics of the complete motorcycle for another 6 months or so.

Hope you like the pics!

John Tangerås

super nice !!

I ask you as the “sealed” the pieces to get the larger parties ?

Amazing.

super nice !!

I ask you as the “sealed” the pieces to get the larger parties ?

Thank you! When gluing large ABS parts there are most likely some gaps. I use a thick glue (ABS+Acetone) and apply in a thick layer to fill the gaps. After the glue is solidified I fill any gaps left with more glue, the same way as you do when you fill the cavities of a bodypanel on a car before spraypainting. It is important to leave the ABS "filler" for a few days before sanding as the acetone needs to evaporate.

Very impressive !

Can you explain the purpose of your project ?

Impressive , well done

Brilliant!

Incredible!! a very big work.

i hope u will paint it

IMO, I wouldn't paint it.  It looks really cool and obviously 3D printed like it is.  Needless to say that is an impressive project from any angle.