A couple of friendly suggestions

When changing filament I often get a small blob on the end which then gets stuck in the hole when pulling out. I've been getting around this by extruding first then retracting. It might be worth creating a short extrusion before retracting to get rid of the blob at the end. It would only need to be a couple of mm.

I also noticed in the latest firmware that the extruder starts cooling down after retracting filament, where it didn't on the earlier versions. Most times you retract filament it's to load a new roll, but then waiting for the extruder to reach temperature again is a pain. I'd like to see it stay at temp for a minute after retraction, to give time to load the next roll.

Agree 100%.

Yes I do agree the cooling is a big pain.

+1

And another plus 1 on delay extruder cool down, but I'd like something closer to 5 minutes or better yet a parameter setting in ZSuite.  I'd also like to see a delay on the platform cool down, too.

Mike

What I have started doing is just hit load filament right after you unload.. You might have to hit load again as it starts pulling filament before you get it loaded..

I never unload filament ! To change roll, i just cut the previous one around 1 cm above the motor. Then, waiting for the extruder, I change the filament roll and, then, I push the previous one with the new one when M200 starts to load. It works perfectly.

Good idea Ted! I might follow your idea for now.

I never unload filament ! To change roll, i just cut the previous one around 1 cm above the motor. Then, waiting for the extruder, I change the filament roll and, then, I push the previous one with the new one when M200 starts to load. It works perfectly.

Well I tried this and my nozzle got clogged!  It may have just been a coincidence but I think I'll keep doing it the normal way... 

What I do for loading is I just put it all the way in until it hits the gear, make sure its tight, put the tube in its hole tight as well and leave it. When it starts loading it automatically gets it, no need to wait around hand holding it until it finishes heating. This works 95% of the time for me and its a set and forget.

That being said, I support all the points above mentioned.

+1 , works great no issues with this method so far.