Auto bed calibration

Had my printer less than a week, but this process seems a bit ambiguous. 

Instructions on the screen just say "left corner too high, turn screw clockwise* (or there about). Surely the firmware is measuring exactly how much the bed is off by, can it not deliver some kind of numerical feedback?

I appreciate no one is going to be able to tell first time how many turns will be needed from the measurement, but over time it would sink in that when the bed was off by 'X' amount you would need to turn it 'Y' amount.

At the moment is just a whole load of back and forth raising this and lowering that and the turns are a complete guess.

it took me a while to come to grips with it , but after a short time it becomes second nature an you dont really think about it , you instinctively turn the screws the right amount

How is that possible? Or is the calibration pretty much always about the same?

Only if the calibration varied at all, it would be impossible to know how much 'the right amount' is. 

I have to admit I never did any bed calibration as I suppose that it was done by Zortrax when they had tested the printer.

My prints were perfect with the M200 out of the box.

Why did you feel the need for bed calibration ?

I have to admit I never did any bed calibration as I suppose that it was done by Zortrax when they had tested the printer.

My prints were perfect with the M200 out of the box.

Why did you feel the need for bed calibration ?

I turned on the printer and curiosity got the better of me :).

Out of the box the bed adjustment screws were done up very tightly, had to use pliers to loosen them. But out of the box the auto-calibration suggested I adjust the screws.