Axis is jumping during print

Hi,

yesterday I started a new (36h) print job. It´s a pretty simple design (see pictures). Earlier, I had a look on the running print an I have detected, that one axis (the axis going from the door to the z axis spindle “jumped” 3-4 time for about 2-3 millimeters in one direction. The other axis did not shift. Can this caused by a loosy belt tension? The zcode created by z-suite looked optically fine.

Best regards

Boris

1. Belts are easy to check, see if they feel the same from each other or if one seem significantly more loose.

2. With the printer off, see if you can move the xy stage around the table, without binding (push near middle of the extruder block, close to where the rails enter the block)

3. Check setscrews http://support.zortrax.com/xy-axes-maintenance/

4. Check wiring to XY stepper motors.

You need to do your XY maintenance, almost certainly that.

1. Belts are easy to check, see if they feel the same from each other or if one seem significantly more loose.

2. With the printer off, see if you can move the xy stage around the table, without binding (push near middle of the extruder block, close to where the rails enter the block)

3. Check setscrews http://support.zortrax.com/xy-axes-maintenance/

4. Check wiring to XY stepper motors.

You need to do your XY maintenance, almost certainly that.

That, thanks boys. 

Took me a while, but now I have an idea about what could caused the problem. The belt tension feeled ok, so I did not the xyz maintenance. And all other prints were perfect. The problem occures only with this specific file. The reason for that could come from the y size. It is appr. 1-2 mm smaller than the maximum print area of the M200. So it seems, that in some cases the y-axis runs in the y bedstop. This seems to generate an error while executing the zcode (a dimension shift). I scaled down the file to 95% and printed it without any problems.

Just to give you a feedback.

Took me a while, but now I have an idea about what could caused the problem. The belt tension feeled ok, so I did not the xyz maintenance. And all other prints were perfect. The problem occures only with this specific file. The reason for that could come from the y size. It is appr. 1-2 mm smaller than the maximum print area of the M200. So it seems, that in some cases the y-axis runs in the y bedstop. This seems to generate an error while executing the zcode (a dimension shift). I scaled down the file to 95% and printed it without any problems.

Just to give you a feedback.

Occasionally you'll get a file that plays up for no apparent reason.

I've got one that will send the fan crazy and curl the print if I set it on auto, yet I can print more than one of them at the exact same settings.

Nothing else I print has the same effect, you just have to adapt when you strike that different one.