Bed Problem?

I have recently experienced problems with raft curling in the back-left quadrant of the bed. The filament is Z-ABS and the printer has full enclosures. Does the bed theoretically heat evenly over the surface?

Guy

I have recently experienced problems with raft curling in the back-left quadrant of the bed. The filament is Z-ABS and the printer has full enclosures. Does the bed theoretically heat evenly over the surface?

Guy

Yes.. Are you using ABS-Acetone mix on the plate? It will keep it from doing that..

The bed varies (in my experience) about +/- 3 or 4 deg C across the plate. I am getting a Lulzbot TAZ 5 soon and I will try running a print with z-abs to see what the best practical bed temp would be, just for yaks.

The bed varies (in my experience) about +/- 3 or 4 deg C across the plate. I am getting a Lulzbot TAZ 5 soon and I will try running a print with z-abs to see what the best practical bed temp would be, just for yaks.

Can't wait to see the results.. I have seen some extra parts Lulzbot sent with printer when a friend ordered one.. I printed same part on Zortax with much better results.. Here are mine with parts that came direct from Lulzbot. I hope they have improved.. http://forum.zortrax.com/index.php?/topic/209-zortrax-vs-lulzbot/?hl=lulzbot

Keep in mind that was on original firmware and Z-suite version.. Many improvements have been made.. I should find the file and reprint again..

@Kyle

That looks great. I don't deny that the Zortrax is better for higher resolution prints. It would just be great to control a bunch of settings on the Zortrax like you can on the Lulzbot...maybe Zortrax could release a "developers" version of Z-Suite+firmware so enthusiasts could really see what this printer could do...or at least help us troubleshoot problems more easily. 

Can't wait to see the results.. I have seen some extra parts Lulzbot sent with printer when a friend ordered one.. I printed same part on Zortax with much better results.. Here are mine with parts that came direct from Lulzbot. I hope they have improved.. http://forum.zortrax.com/index.php?/topic/209-zortrax-vs-lulzbot/?hl=lulzbot

Keep in mind that was on original firmware and Z-suite version.. Many improvements have been made.. I should find the file and reprint again..

Many manufacturers of 3D printers that use printed parts use fast mode on printing the parts. That way a comparison without knowing the printing parms is probably not fair.

I have seen quite strange looking parts for such printers that could be printed in much better quality with normal print speeds on that printers.