Copy Paste Replicate Feature does not work

Hi,

I am having an issue with the ability to place multiple parts on one bed.

First, I cannot use the replicate feature since whoever designed it thought it was smart to place a huge gap between each part wasting most of the bed to open blank area. Useless!

Second… If I try to copy and paste, or import new parts in progressively gets slower and longer making it a 2 - 3 hour process to simply fill the bed with parts.

Is there anything I can do to solve this? I never had this issue in past versions but I can’t recall what version it was not an issue so I can try bouncing back to that one.

I am using a Windows 10 System that has way beyond the Ram and processing power needed so it is not the system unless there is something not updated that Z-Suite needs to operate at full speed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Paul

Replicate function have offset input, just type 0.1mm, there will be no gap between parts.
ReplicateOffset

1 Like

This does not work the way it needs to work.

See attached photos…

The first picture shows the bed with 122 parts. This took me over 8-10 hours to place spanning a 2 days of work due to the copy and paste issue, or even if I import one at a time.

The second picture shows 88 parts. This was done when I realized I could replicate a group. This one took me about 45 minutes.

The last one which shows 36 parts is the native way you are asking us to do it. This places a .10 mm space between individual parts which have each their own bed… You cannot place the part closer joining the bed. I mean… come on, really?

This issue has taken me 5 days to work around to get an acceptable 88 parts to print at one time. If you want your machines to work in a production environment this has to be fixed now.

Please tell me if there is a better work around than my 45 minute replicate group fix.

Paul

I think you will have better luck creating your parts grid in your CAD software and just export one large stl file to be loaded in Z-Suite.