curving and warping

maybe it is a common problems in ABS material… hopefully the next batch ABS material as Martin said will minimise this problem

maybe it is a common problems in ABS material… hopefully the next batch ABS material as Martin said will minimise this problem

The first white batch was not good. It may be that. What fan setting did you use?

The first white batch was not good. It may be that. What fan setting did you use?

Enclosing the sides of the printer may help too.

Enclosing the sides of the printer may help too.

One more thing, Petrus: I think 0.14mm layer height may be overkill for this model, since it has no curved surfaces. Just as with the infill, less plastic can translate to less warping force. I doubt the quality will suffer much if at all with 0.19mm.

One more thing, Petrus: I think 0.14mm layer height may be overkill for this model, since it has no curved surfaces. Just as with the infill, less plastic can translate to less warping force. I doubt the quality will suffer much if at all with 0.19mm.

thanks Julia and Andre for the suggestions… i think i gonna reprint everything using another color of Z-ABS… will try to use less infill and 0.19 layer height… fan speed mostly went to 40%.

thanks Julia and Andre for the suggestions… i think i gonna reprint everything using another color of Z-ABS… will try to use less infill and 0.19 layer height… fan speed mostly went to 40%.

also, let the piece cool down for one hour on the bed before removing it. This might help.

Is it curling during the print, or after ?

also, let the piece cool down for one hour on the bed before removing it. This might help.

Is it curling during the print, or after ?

Make emergency enclosure out of cardboard box. I am sure it will reduce warping.

You can also hairspray your heatbed or simply reduce some uhu glue by acetone and make the coating.

Make emergency enclosure out of cardboard box. I am sure it will reduce warping.

You can also hairspray your heatbed or simply reduce some uhu glue by acetone and make the coating.

[quote name=Julia Truchsess]Enclosing the sides of the printer may help too.
[/quote]

so the more heat is a better print?

I’ve seen people enclose their printer but I thought maybe that would produce too much heat.

I’m waiting on the PC update. You think enclosing the machine would be better for polycarbonate prints or just leave open like it is?

Thanks

[quote name=Julia Truchsess]Enclosing the sides of the printer may help too.
[/quote]

so the more heat is a better print?

I’ve seen people enclose their printer but I thought maybe that would produce too much heat.

I’m waiting on the PC update. You think enclosing the machine would be better for polycarbonate prints or just leave open like it is?

Thanks