Deflection/warping comparison using full or medium infill

Hello all!

I have printed two clutch hubs, first with full infill and then with medium infill. You might be interested to see the difference using full or medium infill concerning deflection and accuracy of the part. The deflection when using full infill is significant and to such a degree that the part is not usable. I reprinted with medium infill and things were much improved.  This is of course due to the smaller mass of the part, thus less material shrinkage which again leads to deflection/warping. The model is for light testing only, so the medium infill part is usable. Same printing parameters for both parts; closed box around the printer and ABS/acetone mix on the perforated plate. Material Z-ABS, layer 0.19mm.

Thanks!

John Tangerås

did the raft also follow the warping or the item detached from the raft?

do you have side panels? try disabling the fan

did the raft also follow the warping or the item detached from the raft?

do you have side panels? try disabling the fan

Hello Voudas, the part was attached to the raft. No side panels, I keep the machine inside a cardboard box, works just as well (and much cheaper). 

give me your address in pm so as to send you a proper side panel set, if you agree you would only pay for shipping

give me your address in pm so as to send you a proper side panel set, if you agree you would only pay for shipping

PM sent!