different height problem

different height problem
Hello,
I have this problem:
I can not calibrate the platform, because of the height difference. position 4 as my draw.
This is very strange because the position # 1 # 2 # 3 end are perfectly calibrated, but the # 4 is more low of almost 1.5 mm and Zortrax can not calibrate the platform ...
I run in total 6-7 prints with success but the last printed has failed, with much confusion filament.
I put three photos so you can control.
how can I do to correct this problem?
I read in the forum but found nothing.

many thanks for your support.
regards Andrea

Don't measure from top of case.. That might not be accurate.. Use a feeler gauge to get a fixed distance from nozzle to platform. (manual calibration) Start with 1 and 2. Get those at same distance. Then adjust front screw to get 3, 4. You may have to adjust back screws a little more.

Kyle is right...the case is not a reference for the platform by any means. It's welded aluminum and not perfectly straight... (it doesn't have to be since the x/y rods are aligned relative to the Z axis).  

You have to measure relative to the nozzle. Just bring the platform close to the nozzle and move the head around by hand (printer off). Adjust the platform screws until the distance between nozzle and platform is about the same everywhere.

ok thanks I try tomorrow ,

but I hope to solve the problem.

Good Morning,
I've adjusted the height perfectly by hand of points 1 and 2,
Then I set the point 3, and are perfectly at the same height.
but when I set the point 4, is much lower, and checked with a feeler gauge
Measuring 1.4 mm lowest ...

I tried over and over, but that point 4 is lowest, I do not know how to do, I know well the manual procedure to calibrate the platform and I have successfully done this procedure.
thanks for your help.
regards Andrea

Do you have photos of the failed print? Maybe is not bad leveling related.

Tanti saluti

Angelo

HELLO, I DID NOT UNFORTUNATELY PHOTO PRINTING FAILED, I HAVE TRIED TO LEVEL THE PLATFORM BUT ALWAYS THE SAME RESULT, THE POINT 4 CAN NOT be leveled.
I HAVE CHECKED THE FORUM IN THE MAINTENANCE SECTION, IF I WERE CONTROLLED SCREW LOOSE BUT ALL REGULAR.

Take the platform off, remove the perforated board and then check if the aluminum platform is flat. You can use a straight edge or set it on top of a granit countertop…you might have a warped platform.

Mine was pretty warped when my printer was new… I used my little shop press in the garage to straighten it.

ok now control many thanks
greetings
I did as you say, the platform seems flat
I can put the flat platform if I set very high.
very unscrew the 3 settings.
however now print ...
if all the screws are tight, the defect of the point # 4 is very obvious is lowest of 1.5 mm
thanks for help
Andrea

Ciao Andrea,

Come hai fatto il livellamento? Manuale, con un pezzo di carta sotto il hotend? O semi-automatico?

Nel'ultima foto sembra che la piattaforma non è inserita correttamente. Molto piú alta a destra.

Provi di riganciare la piattaforma sulla base. È necessario allentare i fili che si trovano nella parte posteriore e poi si sgancia dalla base. Reinserire sui apposti magneti e vedi se ora è visivamente più orizzontale.

E doppo sposti la piattaforma fino a quasi toccare il hotend, con la M200 spenta muovi la testa stampatrice con la mano (non lo so se si dice cosi in italiano), nei quatro angoli (dove si sono i quadrati metallici) e cerca di regolare la distanza fra il hotend e la piattaforma mettendo un pezzo di carta fra loro.
Questo pezzo di carta deve avere un leggero atrito con la punta di metallo, molto sottile. Ripette nei quatro angoli e sarai sistemato.

Non lo so se aiuto, piuttosto mio italiano non è migliore che il tuo inglese

Tanti salutti
Angelo

I also had this problem last week. Automatic calibration wouldn't complete, I had to lower and heighten again and again until the Zortrax said calibration failed. Ut was really frustrating. After cleaning the perf board it went better, there was some ABS resudue between the platform and the board. However I can't seem to calibrate it so that the raft is squished in everywhere the same. There is always one corner where the first layers is thicker..

I never use the calibration. Just do it by eye. Like Julia said...just adjust it while the first layer is put down

Yeah, I did auto calibration to get it close but usually some fine-tuning is required afterwards.