Extruder crashes into platform

Just bend the home switch lever a little (2mm or so)…this way the touchdown point will move over, as well. Then you can keep using your perfboard.

Just bend the home switch lever a little (2mm or so)...this way the touchdown point will move over, as well. Then you can keep using your perfboard.

Or just print a little stop extension. :stuck_out_tongue:

Today a ultimaker 2 arrived because I wanted to compare:

setup was horrible compared the plug and play of zortrax

so we decided to order a new plate just to see

but if after three prints the plate is broke zortrax calibration system destroys the good touch and feel of the rest

and if dripping material might disturb calibration, its up to zortrax to give advise that a calibration must be run without material

next week testing will go on

then builder 3d is on my list

dont try to make a rule out of rare events, there are 100s of users that never had this issue. and believe me my platforms are DIRTY :p

good luck testing!

first results were so promissing, i would like to stay with zortrax if i would know how to solve the issue

Did you read my solution?

Ich hab dir doch ne Lösung gegeben. Einfach einen der homing Schalter ein wenig verbiegen und dadurch verschiebt sich dein Nullpunkt etwas. Dann landet die Nozzle wieder auf Metal (direkt neben der beschädigten Stelle). Die z Kalibrierung ist normalerweise sehr zuverlässig…sogar mit ABS Resten überall…die heiße Nozzle “schmilzt sich durch” und macht dann Kontakt.

Check to see if you removed the locking plastic hooks that ship with the machine attached to the rails of both axis. There’s 2 white printed parts that are attached to the rods on the top x,y axises… Make sure you removed it, move the nozzle head to the front right position and lower the bed… Turn on the machine again and try auto calibration…

If the top locking parts are still in place it is possible that the nozzle doesn’t go as far as it needs to touch the metallic parts in the base and thus can’t create the contact sensing. So the z axis keep pushing up against the nozzle.

So make sure you roved those since no where in the manual states that they require removal.

After that do a calibration test…

I personally do a business card calibration with the unit off before running auto calibration… It proves less time consuming at the end… Good luck!

So I finally found a quick fix for the problem. It's not a solution it's just a workaround!
I'm still hoping that the support could say something to this situation....

For those of you who faced the same problem just take a solder iron, some solder and a piece of wire.
Put the wire into the hole and cover it with solder. Make sure that the plate is smooth after that rework and you are back in business!
So I finally found a quick fix for the problem. It's not a solution it's just a workaround!
I'm still hoping that the support could say something to this situation....

For those of you who faced the same problem just take a solder iron, some solder and a piece of wire.
Put the wire into the hole and cover it with solder. Make sure that the plate is smooth after that rework and you are back in business!

Hey there ghelmsch

Please write to our support regarding this problem: support@zortrax.com . Remember to attach as many screenshots, movies and descriptions as you can, so we can identify the problem faster.

Is it possible that something with your contact form on the support site isn't working? 

Probably a week ago I wrote my problem there but never heard something and now I wrote 

direct to the support email and got a confirmation.

Got a new plate from the support team. Thank you very much! another big plus point for zortrax

Is it possible that something with your contact form on the support site isn't working? 

Probably a week ago I wrote my problem there but never heard something and now I wrote 

direct to the support email and got a confirmation.

We could have temporary issues with the mailing system, but it's solved now. Please write a private message to me and provide all the information regarding your issue reported to our customer support team, along with your e-mail address and the date of the report.

Also for the future, please use the newest contact form present at our support center: http://support.zortrax.com/application-form/

By the way, did you check your spam folder? just in case.

Regards,

Chris