Fan

I just had to replace my hot end fan...again. This is the second time I had to replace it. Once a few months after I got my Printer and now. 

I don't know how long it has been out, but my prints have been coming out nice, Except for them sticking to the raft and the support, making the prints look like crap after removing them. Sometimes having to use a Dremel to remove from the bottom supports.

It is the same fan that came with the mach cause when I replaced it the first time I switched the fans and installed the new one I bought online to the top fan. Now I used the fan I received from Zortrax warranty for the bottom fan so both original fans have perished.

Has anyone else had trouble with the lower fan?

Curious if it is just the fan or possibly a short in the machine that is killing the fan.

Thanks

I replaced both of mine a while back with ball bearing fans.. Not sure if they switched over to those yet or not. The original fans just used a bushing instead of ball bearings.

Still makes me curious. Im starting a long print now and since I changed out the fan the machine has started acting up again. By acting up I mean the lcd display is touchy and takes a few times hitting the button to leave or enter a screen. It has been great for while and I can't help to think that may be from the fan not working. 

Cause I'm figuring if there is a short (in display possibly) it would be glitchy until something pops i.e.. fan, and then work great except for the blown fan.

Hopefully I am just being paranoid and its fine. I guess I will find out if my fan blows again. I just ordered two more fans to have a back up after I replace my top fan- I don't like the way it sounds, its a little slow to get to full speed and sounds icky. lol

On my printer both fans are working (I have ball bearing ones now) but the display is still glitchy (that started with one of the latest firmware updates…I don’t think it has anything to do with the fans)

On my printer both fans are working (I have ball bearing ones now) but the display is still glitchy (that started with one of the latest firmware updates...I don't think it has anything to do with the fans)

Mine too.. Goes blank.

Well I liked both your posts but I really didnt like them. lol I just liked that I wasn't the only one. ha

Here is an old post of mine for fan replacement part. http://forum.zortrax.com/index.php?/topic/449-dual-fan-experiment/

Well I resized the box and thinned out the walls.   A very nice print with very minimal warping. Not as big as I wanted but It will work. The lid warped a bit, printed on its side. I'm sure if I printed laying flat it would've been ok but I wanted the smoothness of how it prints on the sides to be the top of the box.

IMGP5157.JPGIMGP5154.JPGIMGP5152.JPG

Debating on whether to acid bath it and smooth it.....maybe. lol

To eliminate support you could chamfer the underside edge. Looks good though!