fans replacement

I would replace the fans with less noise models ... give me some advice for fans with bearings? what do you think of these?

http://www.amazon.it/dp/B009LEJ6RY/ref=asc_df_B009LEJ6RY22584831?smid=A38F5RZ72I2JQ&tag=trovaprezzi-mp-ce-21&linkCode=df0&creative=23434&creativeASIN=B009LEJ6RY#productDetails

But to replace the manual says to cut the plug but then must be weld with the wire of the new or simply passed into heat shrink?

Thanks!

Contact support which will send you new ball bearing fans from Poland.

Thanks Sam!

a question ...

I don’t understand a passage in the tutorial to replace the fans

Cut the fan cable next to the plug using pliers. Pull out the remaining wire from the heat shrink and remove the fan ok

Cover the fan cable inside the heat shrink.… How do I pass it in the heat shrink if it is closed? I have to pass the cable and then weld the original plug?

Those of you give me a hand?

Thanks

azzoni - I've lost two extruder cooling fans in the last 2 weeks and in a pinch I used spare Replicator 2 fans I had on hand. The wires weren't long enough to reach so I did have to solder the leads together and rightly or wrongly I just ran the wires around the outside of the heat shrink tube bundle (Im not sure of the long term consequences but I was going to keep an eye on the wires). I'll be contacting support ( thank you YosemiteSam) to ask for replacement fans and spares (we're a production facility and downtime is unacceptable).

Thanks David... Someone can give me a step by step tutorial? :(

what I don't understand is how to pass the cables of the new fan in shrink ...

what I don't understand is how to pass the cables of the new fan in shrink ...

It can be a little tricky. The way I did it was to take the bottom fan assembly off, drop hot end out and remove the heat sink. This will give you good access to inside the aluminium block where the wires run. Then just poke them up from there.

Alternatively, leave the wires in the tube and cut and join the new fan below the tube. Or just run the wires on the outside, but this doesn't look as nice.

Lastly, the super easy way is to buy a new machine that has a split running down the length of the aluminium block and just push them in from there!   :D Of course this is also the most expensive method.

I think it will cut the cables of the old fans and join them with those of the new … what do you say?

I buy 2 Noctua NF-A4x10 FLX…

That is what I did when I was installing temporary fans.

But I still wonder what type are these connectors.

in my M200 also lower fan to cool the electronics is noisy … someone tells me the size?

one under the printer is bigger …

They are all the same size on mine.. 40x40x10mm

the two fans near the extruder are 40x40, I speak of the fan in the bottom cover of the printer that cools the electronic ...

Before cutting the wires on the old fan, check to make sure that the connector on the new fan is the same as the one on the old fan.  The Delta AFB0412MA fans that I got from Jameco for US$5 each (thanks Kyle!) had a different connector so I had to cut that one off and splice in the old connector.  You'll need to leave a few cm of wire on the old connector and solder those wires to the wires on the new fan.

I have a split aluminum block but had trouble poking the wires in there well enough for them to stay.  My wires dangle now, but it's been no trouble in around 4 weeks of use.

Mike

Thanks MichaelHenry... I think I joint the wires...

the two fans near the extruder are 40x40, I speak of the fan in the bottom cover of the printer that cools the electronic ...

That looks like a 70x70x15mm.. I took rough measurements with digital calipers from outside the case.

Thanks Kyle...

There are 2 bottom fans. First one in PSU and another one for cooling electronics.

You should figure out which one is noisy and replace it with same specs fan.

Here's my little update ... I replaced the two fans with new Noctua ... very quiet! what do you think?

IMG_3018.jpg

IMG_3020.jpg