Feature Request - Reverse File Order in Card Browsing

With the current firmware, the newest file added to the SD card is always at the very end of the file list, so you have to turn, turn, turn the encoder knob to get to the newest file, which 9 times out of 10 is the one you want. It would be a lot more convenient if the display order was reversed so the the newest file is at the beginning of the list.

totally true I have an enormous list right now.

I keep wiping the card...

+1

+1 it will be cool if Z-Team will add this in future update. I think it should not be hard to do, just enough to change inverse at listing files :)

But at this moment I'm more happy that I have SD card, archaic solution in UP! was very bothers me, need always slice same model which was printed before, connected by USB is terrible, I need disconnect all devices from my laptop, take it and go to other room connect to the USB etc. someone from UP should think twice before they do reckless limitations.

But at this moment I'm more happy that I have SD card, archaic solution in UP! was very bothers me, need always slice same model which was printed before, connected by USB is terrible, I need disconnect all devices from my laptop, take it and go to other room connect to the USB etc. someone from UP should think twice before they do reckless limitations.

Sorry, I can't agree with you there, Aleksiej. To me it is the transfer of files onto removable media that is archaic, like floppy discs ca 1985.

It is not necessary to re-slice an object on the Up - simply select "Print Again" from the Tools menu. Of course, this only works for the last-printed model.

I have a dedicated PC for my printers: two Ups, a gMax, and the Zortrax. The Zortrax is the only one I have to fool around with a memory card - the others I just say "print" from the PC and off they go.

I think the answer is to improve the USB functionality to allow remote file browsing, not to return to the stone age of file transfer via removable media. Hopefully this will become a non-issue when wi-fi is implemented on the M200.

julia

Sorry, I can't agree with you there, Aleksiej. To me it is the transfer of files onto removable media that is archaic, like floppy discs ca 1985.

It is not necessary to re-slice an object on the Up - simply select "Print Again" from the Tools menu. Of course, this only works for the last-printed model.

I have a dedicated PC for my printers: two Ups, a gMax, and the Zortrax. The Zortrax is the only one I have to fool around with a memory card - the others I just say "print" from the PC and off they go.

I think the answer is to improve the USB functionality to allow remote file browsing, not to return to the stone age of file transfer via removable media. Hopefully this will become a non-issue when wi-fi is implemented on the M200.

julia

My 2 cents... Sometimes simpler is better. If you have the printer far away from computers the SD is simple and reliable. The best here IMHO is both channels: the SD Card and USB and/or WiFi.

Julia no problem, you have your opinion I have my opinion :) But I don't see any sense to have dedicated computer for printers :) I'm not use desktop computers co for methe most important is mobility :) 

BTW: I also don't see any sense when I can't save files on my desktop or SD/HDD etc. and always must slice again some files :)

BTW2: Maybe you know how to disable support in UP software?

BTW2: Maybe you know how to disable support in UP software?

Yes - In the print preferences dialog, under the option for minimum support area, select "Base Only". If you also don't want a raft, there's a separate checkbox for raft in the main print options dialog.

There is also "Shell Mode", which is very useful. With this option you have no infill, only external support.

I don't see any sense to have dedicated computer for printers :) I'm not use desktop computers co for me the most important is mobility :)

Mobility is important, and I have a laptop on which I do 99% of my work. But for me, the dedicated PC is simply part of the printer.

Look at it this way: if instead of the little 4x20 alphanumeric display and one knob, you could have a built-in 10-inch TFT touch-panel on the printer. That would be nice, right? Some new printers even have this. For me, for the price of a cheap PC, I have even better: a 21-inch display, mouse, and keyboard!

And on top of that, by remote desktop I can control all my printers except Zortrax, from anywhere in the world (but usually from home :) )

When printing paper documents to a 2D printer, nobody saves the print file to SD and walks across the room to put the card into the printer. You just click "print" from your computer. 3D printers should be the same, imo.