First failed print - why?

Hi all,

Set a print going last night before I went to bed and woke up to a failed print this morning.

I printed off a couple of much smaller models recently that came out great, really detailed and none of what I see on this model. This was a first run on this print, a test if you will, so I printed it at .49 layer, light infill, normal speed and support light.

First there is this bad layer adhesion

Lg2G9Dxl.jpgYsJ5knBl.jpg

The support would not remove without ripping off the surface layer it was attached to:

ySKAAXFl.jpg

And the top layer did not seal properly to the infill:

KQEtztAl.jpg

Is this a bad mix of settings I used, or is something else wrong here?

Can you please provide what kind of material did you use to print it?

Sorry yea, Z-ABS

In my opinion it came from printing at .49 I have never had a successful print doing it at .49 go back down to .19 and I think it will work

Printing something at .19 as we speak, hopefully thats it. Does it save filament is higher layer resolution or is it just for speed?

@Printz, please Start New Issue on our Bug Tracker -> http://forum.zortrax.com/index.php?/tracker/project-1-z-suite/

Our Support Team will check where is the problem and if they find the issue in the Z-Suite they will solve the problem as soon as possible.

Best Regards,

Igor

.49 doesn't work. Would be nice to either fix the problems, or remove the setting.

@Printz, please Start New Issue on our Bug Tracker -> http://forum.zortrax.com/index.php?/tracker/project-1-z-suite/

Our Support Team will check where is the problem and if they find the issue in the Z-Suite they will solve the problem as soon as possible.

Best Regards,

Igor

Considering the other posts which suggest this problem is not one with my printer but with the .49 setting, is it worth it or helpful to submit a bug report on this?

I have just printed something at .19 without issue. 

it's funny how a simple mistake gets contagious. you are all obviously referring to 0.39!

btw no there is no material saving with 0.39, the contrary...

In my opinion it came from printing at .49 I have never had a successful print doing it at .49 go back down to .19 and I think it will work

yer i have never been able to print any thing above .29 at all and even at .29 is hit and miss , almost all my prints are now .19 now ,it's a problem Zortrax has to work out

I have no time constraints so printing at .19 is no problem for me. Just a little surprised that a printer that otherwise works so well 'out of the box' could offer a setting that seems to widely be assumed to simply 'not work'.