How often do you replace your M200 nozzles?

How often do you replace your M200 nozzle?

Only in the event of a clog, which has only ever happened when using unauthorized materials.

I keep mine clean and have never had to remove or replace it.

Only in the event of a clog, which has only ever happened when using unauthorized materials.

Can’t tell if your being sarcastic Julia lol

No, no, I'm being honest. Experimenting with and switching between materials almost always involves clogs at some point, but sticking with Z-materials I really have never had one.

I must be close to 4 kg of printed projects and have never had to replace the nozzle.  The last clog was probably around two months ago and required a soak in acetone to clear it.  Only Z-ABS in my printer so far and a bit of Z-Ultrat.

Mike

Never had a clog here, although replaced once due to forgetting to plug the height detection plug into the board. Didn't stay to watch the start of the print and the nozzle ground into the bed. Not a good situation all round. I replaced the nozzle to be safe, not because it didn't work. Although it had lost some of the tip.  Probably shouldn't be sharing this story.... :(

Never had a clog here, although replaced once due to forgetting to plug the height detection plug into the board. Didn't stay to watch the start of the print and the nozzle ground into the bed. Not a good situation all round. I replaced the nozzle to be safe, not because it didn't work. Although it had lost some of the tip.  Probably shouldn't be sharing this story.... :(

Accidents happen so long as you learn from them and don't do it again, if you do.....

then I wouldn't share it lol

Accidents happen so long as you learn from them and don't do it again, if you do.....

then I wouldn't share it lol

Hehe well I haven't done it again, and don't plan on it. It ruined the bed as well, as you might imagine.

If I’m not mistaken you couldn’t even do it anymore if you wanted…the firmware notices now if the connector is hooked up or not.

If I'm not mistaken you couldn't even do it anymore if you wanted....the firmware notices now if the connector is hooked up or not.

Oh good! I had wondered if that could be implemented.