How to increase strenght ( z-axis ) on printed parts

Hi eveyone

After two weeks with my new ZORTRAX and solved small problems, I'm really happy with the quality of the printed parts and the possibilities that this technology opens to our company projects for developments in industrial engineering.

This days we were testing different options on design, changing between filament materials, thickness, etc.

Finished parts appearance are really good in most of cases, and we now want to improve strenght, mainly in z-axis, because printed parts seems like wood parts in this direction.

It seems like there is low adhesion between one layer and next. ¿Perhaps is necessary to test without fan, to improve this??

Really, Z-ULTRAT has good properties and if we can to improve this strenght, is possible to manufacture a lot of functional parts with this incredible machine.

Another idea is to make special hollows to insert reinforcements inside the parts, inserting a pause when necessary.

Anyone tested this ideas or another proposals??

Very possible.. On larger prints you can turn the fan off. That will help with layer adhesion. Rotate parts where more strength is needed. Use fillets in 90 degree corners as well.  Small prints I recommend higher fan for cleaner detail..

If you print on higher resolution prints are noticeable stronger. Unfortunately this is time consuming.

hi

im also new with the m200, but i do 3d printing for a long time.

see the attached photo of a functional part which i made with the m200 and z-ulrat.

theres no problem with "bonding" of the z-layers and the part ist very strong with very nice finnish.

printed with standard settings for z-ultrat.

then i had problems -> http://forum.zortrax.com/index.php?/topic/1499-bad-prints-with-m200/

so, when the layers not bond together in my opinien ther must be a basec problem...

i hope that helps....

andy