How to print a big area plane

I printed a box,but I found the plane of the bottom is not a plane,it became a surface,how to improve it?

a surface? can you explain best?

the plane of the bottom become a curved surface

That is caused by ABS shrinking as it cools down. Do you have side panels on the printer? I would try that first if you have not. The only other way to fix this is by turning box over to print. Creates much support though. Or use Z-Ultrat which shrinks less..

yes,I have side panels.
and tried to use T-ultrat,the result is almost same.to use T-HIPS will improve it?

Not sure.. You might want to ask Support.

Let the print completely cool down before removing it from the build plate. Just relax once the print has been completed, let it stay in the machine and come back later to check if the build plate and the print itself is as much cool as the ambient temperature. Such a big print can take up to 2 hrs to completely cool. Also check that the raft didn't detach for the bed during the print. Raft is the part of the print that sticks to the bed and that has to be removed after the job has been completed.

yes, I waited about 1 hour,it is cool down. I watched the plane of the bottom became curved surface on the bed, the raft stick to the bed after printing.

you could add a brim in your file when designing it (ofc i'd love to have such an option at z-suite)). i have found that a ~10 layers wide / 1-2 layers hi brim will help a lot in preventing detaching/warping and it's very easy to remove in pp...

you could add a brim in your file when designing it (ofc i'd love to have such an option at z-suite)). i have found that a ~10 layers wide / 1-2 layers hi brim will help a lot in preventing detaching/warping and it's very easy to remove in pp...

Would that be something like a shallow wall around the the base at the periphery of the part?

Hi voudas, what is brim? how to add a brim to my part?

You can add ribs to your design it will prevent warping or try with Z-GLASS/HIPS this materials looks more forgiven to heat defects

Boxes like that are always difficult for a FDM machine. I would recommend to add a sacrificial lip to the bottom…maybe 3mm tall…then you can sand it off later until the bottom is plane.

Hi Xiao,

i think the quality of the object is super ... we kepp in mind what kind of technology we are printing ... every detail fas its merits ... very nice.

Congratulations ... try the reinforcing ribs and powerful cooling.

There are also difficulties cooling of molds extrusion industrial.

A Merry Christmas

Powerful cooling makes no sense. I would have the fan off for such an object and the build chamber should be enclosed.

Use a Professional FDM printer with heated chamber, you can't make dissapear that effect on this machines.

Today I received my Z-Glass and… so far I see perfectly flat bottom :slight_smile: tomorrow test with Z-HIPS

Use a Professional FDM printer with heated chamber, you can't make dissapear that effect on this machines.

Even on stratasys print samples I saw slightly bowed bottoms…

that's what i meant by brim (there is no raft on this preview):

brim.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPHGPX-zRGw

Plastic parts continue to shrink for minutes, hours or even days after they’re made.

Other story from other industry where plasticizer is used to add flexibility: smell of brand new car come from plasticizer evaporating sometimes it take months sometimes years but after is gone then plastic parts loose flexibility and interior parts start to create annoying sounds.