How to verify if Fans are working

Hi People,

Are some way to check if the fans on the extruder are working?

The top and bottom?

Thanks & Best Regards,

André.

on the hot end electrical connections by the stepper, you switch the fan wire connectors that are on the left front because one runs continuous and the other only during the prints so you will hear if the bottom is working or not.

to check without any disassembly: the upper fan is always working when the printer is switched on, you can simply look at it and see. To check the lower fan you could slice a small fake object in Z-Suite with 100% fan and pint that. You can hear and feel the fan working (be careful not to burn your fingers).

Ok Thanks, but my top fan just works sometimes, it's not always working... 

The bottom, was burned, i already switched it, time to buy another fan to the top.

For the Zortrax Team: If you can control the fan’s you can make one submenu in the Maintenance menu to test the fan’s. Make it happen :wink:

Thanks & Best Regards,

André.

Ok Thanks, but my top fan just works sometimes, it's not always working... 

The bottom, was burned, i already switched it, time to buy another fan to the top.

For the Zortrax Team: If you can control the fan’s you can make one submenu in the Maintenance menu to test the fan’s. Make it happen :wink:

Thanks & Best Regards,

André.

There is workaround for that - sticking piece of raft inside fan. Its not the most gentle solution but it works and there is no way that fan could be damaged by that. However, Fan test inside firmware sounds like a great solution, noted and passed to software team.