Iron Man Mark 3 Full Size Helmet

Well I've been holding out for a while so here's a little glimpse of what I've been printing.

Would of printed everything already if my Zortrax didn't break down  <_<

IMG_20140909_212026.jpg

This part has to be reprinted unfortunately -_-  I had it turned slightly and it threw off the dimensions 

IMG_20141013_083137.jpg

Had to glue these two pieces together as it was two big as one piece to fit on the bed 

20141021_001826.jpg

2 minutes of sanding with 240 grit sand paper and a hit of primer just to see how much sanding for the little amount of time does

20141021_004804.jpg

Part that has to be reprinted but thought I would at least hit it with the red I think I'm going to go with for visual comparison sanded with 240 grit sand paper for 5 mins 1 coat primer 2 coats dark cherry red.

20141021_004913.jpg

Very cool. :)

wow.. incredible print.. what are your settings?

Thanks Thruster!

wow.. incredible print.. what are your settings?

.09 for the face place and .14 for everything else. One print was 60 hours which is the one that has to be reprinted again and that was printed at .14 the .09 layer height was almost 80 hours

Wonderful B) !

I look forward to see the rest of the armor ;)

awesome work.

Which version is this ? Do you have a link?

awesome work.

Which version is this ? Do you have a link?

Thank you 

Version on the zsuite or the Iron man mark number?

If it's the zsuite it was with the latest except for the face plate that was 0.8

if it's the mark number it's located in the title the mark 3.

I do have the link however the stls provided have tons of issues and I don't recommend printing from them. I'm still working on tweaking the files as I have already printed to much to restart but there is some alignment issues with the originals so it's making it a pain to deal with 

Wonderful B) !

I look forward to see the rest of the armor ;)

Thank you! I only plan todo the helmet I have other helmets to do after this one  ;)

Thank you 

Version on the zsuite or the Iron man mark number?

If it's the zsuite it was with the latest except for the face plate that was 0.8

if it's the mark number it's located in the title the mark 3.

I do have the link however the stls provided have tons of issues and I don't recommend printing from them. I'm still working on tweaking the files as I have already printed to much to restart but there is some alignment issues with the originals so it's making it a pain to deal with 

Thanks. I meant the mask. There are a few different Mk3 ones on thingiverse, but it sounds like this one might be one to avoid, at least until the parts are repaired and aligned.

Thanks. I meant the mask. There are a few different Mk3 ones on thingiverse, but it sounds like this one might be one to avoid, at least until the parts are repaired and aligned.

Yeah I was a little frustrated when I spent all that time printing and the pieces didn't line up

here's the URL to the one I used here

http://www.therpf.com/f78/my-iron-man-mark-iii-helmet-3d-print-files-new-helmet-available-post-1-a-189853/

The person that designed this file has been working on a better version as well but he hasn't released it yet. 

very cool good job

Really amazing!

Would love to see this completed, well done !

Thanks everyone for the kind comments!

Teaser photo

[URL=http://s103.photobucket.com/user/Techbuilder/media/IMG_20141203_173552.jpg.html]IMG_20141203_173552.jpg[/URL]

Nothing is glued in place just resting them on top of each other carefully so I can see the full helmet.

Still have a ways to go but I'm getting there still have more sanding, light shaping and primering.

very cool.

Did you notice any noteworthy quality difference between .09 and .14mm settings using Ultrat?

very cool.

Did you notice any noteworthy quality difference between .09 and .14mm settings using Ultrat?

Thank you!

I honestly didn't notice a difference at this scale and detail so I started printing all pieces at .14.

I used Z-ABS for all these pieces didn't have any warp 

Had to retake the picture with hot glue as the suspense of not having everything closely attached was killing me lol

Water bottle was for reference height its about an additional 2.75 inches from top of cap

[url=http://s103.photobucket.com/user/Techbuilder/media/20141204_230246.jpg.html]20141204_230246.jpg[/URL]

Well now I have to make one.