Issues with surface and layers

Trying to print some models and I am experiencing issues with some rippling (don't know the right name) and some blobs where they should not be. 

This is one of the homes I designed, it's a small model of a net zero home in Kansas City, printed with ABS 09 layers with no supports, the supports are impossible to remove in this case. Had to tweak the model a little bit but it worked, it's a small print, only around 4x1 inches.

I tried looking into the maintenance guides on zortrax support guide, but they are pretty weak, they don't explain a whole lot on how to figure out what's wrong with the printer. It was used no more than 50 hours total.

I was trying to avoid removing motors and messing with the belts, etc. Any good videos showing how to do that? 

Thanks.

This is a render of the design, if you are interested.

The last photo shows “ghosting”. Did you have the fast setting enabled (it’s faster, but leads to ghosting)?

As for the rest, it is definitely not normal. From my eye, it looks like your printer is running hot which mine has done since the update; try downgrading to software V0.9x.

Yep had it at the "fast" setting, will try the normal speed. One issue down, need to figure out the others. It might be running too hot, and I think I need to do some cleaning on the nozzle too.

It seems that the new versions were a bit "half-baked" and not thoroughly tested like they have done so in the past, just an observation...

On first sight it doesn't look like this has been caused by the software version, but by wrong configuration in the settings. Try setting the default settings in the Z-suite and let us know if that helped. Also, check your .stl file if it has no errors.

As always, I also recommend reporting the issue to our customer support: support@zortrax.com or checking our advices at: www.support.zortrax.com

Best,

Chris

Hi Chris, if you look at the pics and can tell from it that wrong configuration options have been used, why not enlighten us and just post the correct options for the model here?

On first sight it doesn't look like this has been caused by the software version, but by wrong configuration in the settings. Try setting the default settings in the Z-suite and let us know if that helped. Also, check your .stl file if it has no errors.

As always, I also recommend reporting the issue to our customer support: www.support.zortrax.com

Best,

Chris

My comment is in no way a jab at the team developing the software, it may have just been a simple oversight (Shit happens type of an issue). I am just commenting on a lot of the test's I have seen with the 4 most recent versions with the same exact parts and settings, models are being hacked up and distorted from V1.0+.

@Z-Renegade: the tone you are using seems to be a bit in appropriate for this conversation, I would simply ask Flimay2K to post his settings and see what is up, EX: fan speed, infill, seam setting, things he did not provide so that we can see if there is something that the new software is doing that it should not.

-Michael