just to say hello

Hey i'm patrick from Belgium, antwerp age:51  and just bought last saterday a zortrax and im very happy about the results

i have read a lot of good things on the forum

see you

Get ready to have lots of fun making things

Hi Patrick, welcome to the forum!

Welcome to the Zortrax familly Patrick.  You now have (in my opinion) the best 3D Printer available.

Regards

David

Patrick, welcome!. This luis from Spain, age 51. Zortrax fan but not owner. I am still wondering which is my best option. I have three printers in mind: Zortrax, UM2 and Titan1.

Luis,  I have 2 UP Plus 2, an Afinia, Rostock and QUBD RXL and by far the best and most reliable is the Zortrax M200.

David

Patrick, welcome!. This luis from Spain, age 51. Zortrax fan but not owner. I am still wondering which is my best option. I have three printers in mind: Zortrax, UM2 and Titan1.

The UM2 is a nice printer, but over priced for what it is IMO. Especially for a printer with wooden frames. The M200 produces better quality prints than any other FDM printer I have seen or used to date. A combination of rock solid hardware and great software.

The Titan 1 is a completely different beast, and can't be compared. I have a Form 1+, and print quality is amazing, however for ease of use the M200 is far superior.

I saw this, rather negative, review about Zortrax printer:

http://nemesisrobotics.com/the-zortrax-m200/

The problems described there are already fixed? Should i expect to deal with similar problems with my printer?

Luis.. I have had my printer for about 10 months now (original Kickstarter backer) This is my first 3D printer. I have a CNC mill and built a CNC router table. I must tell you that I was amazed when I got the printer. I can now make things that I would have never been able to on the others. The print quality was great.. Now it is better!! They are making improvements in software.You will always have little snags with things. What you read was one review.. Look at the Printroom for proof of quality.. I'm not saying it's perfect, but it is a damn good printer.. I have a 30 hour print going as I type..(for a customer). I'll be sure to post pics when done.

The problems described there are already fixed? Should i expect to deal with similar problems with my printer?

Too bad the guy didn't write the review with the current software version. It would have been a very different read. Sure there were problems at the start, like with pretty much every single other 3D printer out there, but they have mostly been sorted out and the M200 has become a very competent machine.

I have to say though, even on older software I rarely had the sort of spaghetti he produced! 

I'll also add that my M200 has been printing around the clock almost constantly for the last month. A little frustrating actually as I can't get time on it for my own prints!!  needless to say apart from cleaning the bed and replacing a fan I've not had to do any other maintenance. 

First time I see this website.

I think the main problem which created all complaints from this review was defective LCD panel which caused random mid-stops, too bad that he didn’t contacted with support (it was known issue with few printers months ago (early HW 01&02) and we shipped new panels immediate after report, replacing of it was very simple) overall this customer wrongly addressed his problems into software and firmware when in reality defective LCD panel cause issues.

I wish he got his LCD panel replacement long time ago.

Here is more fresh review:

http://techcrunch.com/2014/10/16/the-zortrax-m200-is-the-underdog-3d-printer-that-could-make-it-to-the-big-leagues/

Just seems that someone who reviewed printer before TechCrunch forgot to return putty knife into box and then in TechCrunch review removing of prints was problematic without it, plus software review was done only mainly from Mac OS side.

Or here with good quality pictures:

http://www.lefabshop.fr/deballage-de-limprimante-3d-polonaise-zortrax-m200/

http://www.lefabshop.fr/le-cube-a-maillage-fabrique-sans-support-sur-une-m200/

Best Regards

Martin

:huh: Hum...

I wonder why hot-end can't be kept clean !

Is it due to crashes in some printing problems ?

zortrax-printinf-mighty-cube-601x400.jpg

It is because some users do not remove excess material which come from the nozzle before printing process start while extruder is heating.

I use a soft wire brush to brush my nozzle while it is still hot and it is as clean and shiny as the day I received the printer.

David

<…>

My printer arrived in early June, about the same time as that reviewers did.  I've never used a 3D printer before and was actually quite pleased with how well it worked out of the box even back then on much earlier firmware and software releases.  Zortrax has made significant improvements since then and the printer is now producing really outstanding prints (to my eye) and with very little fuss.  If mine got stolen or somehow disappeared, I'd buy another in a heartbeat.

Mike

My printer arrived in early June, about the same time as that reviewers did.  I've never used a 3D printer before and was actually quite pleased with how well it worked out of the box even back then on much earlier firmware and software releases.  Zortrax has made significant improvements since then and the printer is now producing really outstanding prints (to my eye) and with very little fuss.  If mine got stolen or somehow disappeared, I'd buy another in a heartbeat.

Mike

On my way to your house right now.. Just leave the printer out front.. :D

LOL, was thinking the same thing!!

It is because some users do not remove excess material which come from the nozzle before printing process start while extruder is heating.

Martin, can’t you make the extruder stepper slowly retract a bit during the extruder heating? This way there wouldn’t be any excess material. The little string seems to be about the same length every time… Should be easy to determine the amount of retract needed.

You should know that I moved recently to Antartica.  I'll put the printer behind the 3rd snowbank on your left. ;)