layers constantly "shifting"

So one of our zortrax printers recently has shifting layers. Best description of the problem is this: 

tr8J4ky.jpg

FurlqHb.jpg

Both of these should be straight. Layers are constantly shifting along the X-axis. Any idea how to fix this? Thank you!

Are you sure you weren't going for the leaning tower of Pisa in that first pic?  :P

Jeeze, the xy maintenance really needs to be stickied. Go to support page and look for “x-y maintenance” under documentation. You need to go through and tighten up all of the pulley grub screws, but specifically for the axis seeing the shifting.

Edit: Holy crap the new support site is about ten steps back. Could we please get a simple repository of useful information back instead of having to go through five layers?

Anyways, I found it for you; support.zortrax.com/eliminating-layers-displacement/

Also, please use forum search tool;a simple search of “shifted print” turned up plenty already answered versions of this question.

Thank you for your responce.

Yes, I did the whole process, but it didn't help. We even examined the printing, but can't figure out what's wrong. 

Hi,

Does the printer make any abnormal sounds during the print ? I have some when I received my M200, x-y maintenance is the first thing i made, but I was easy to “hear” something was wrong with it.

If not, do you have check the Z rods’ holder screws and also the lead screw too ? I think rods’s holder one should be tighten, and lead screw  a bit (really a little) loose. If it is too tightened, it may cause this kind of issue. I had similar problem with my customed Ultimaker when I changed original system to ballscrew.

Laurent

Hi,

Does the printer make any abnormal sounds during the print ? I have some when I received my M200, x-y maintenance is the first thing i made, but I was easy to “hear” something was wrong with it.

If not, do you have check the Z rods’ holder screws and also the lead screw too ? I think rods’s holder one should be tighten, and lead screw a bit (really a little) loose. If it is too tightened, it may cause this kind of issue. I had similar problem with my customed Ultimaker when I changed original system to ballscrew.

Laurent

If you tried xy maintenance, then I believe Laurent would be correct; I would suspect the screw. Make sure that the ball screw nut screws are loose; they should have approximately a mm of play in them.

Thank you all for the help. 

My mistake entirely. Went through the XY maintenance and I had forgotten to check 1 corner. Realized this when the printer was turned on and I was able to move the extruder along the Y-axis. One of the pulleys was very loose.  :unsure: 

Next time I shall be more thorough!