Lego Knight's Castle

Hi,

I was bulding a small lego knight tower for my kid. It felt so lonley so i did think i could try to print lego wall pieces so it would look more like a small castle. However, several weeks later i have drawn up and printed countless off different Lego pieces and with that build a quite big castle off almost only printed parts. It is bigger then them you buy from Lego themself. I still add things and it will continue to do so when i get more ideas.

All parts fits toghter abit to tight but if i try to shrink the wall from 1.5mm to 1.4mm i get hollow walls. But with abit off force most part fit surprisingly well. The hole castle is made with around 65 different printed pieces and many off each ofcourse. 

Anyway i think it look good enough to post here, i hope you like it. :)

2n1cr3c.jpg

aaj1mp.jpg

2iw7fwy.jpg

2927g3n.jpg

243m58i.jpg

Awesome!!!!

I'm really impressed! Great job!

Wow! Your kid is lucky :)  And the Zortrax is sort of a toy for adults to make toys for others.

Super cool!!!

Thruster never has a boring thread I swear!! lol

Thx for all the nice comments! Now we just have to wait and see how long before a 4 year old kid will take to smash it into smaller pieces!  B)

Found this pic with the small tower and my first printed wall pieces that was the only thing i intended to print at first!  B)

2r45pw7.jpg

Jeeze, how do you have the time? Oh, and shrinking the walls to .9mm will give a solid wall that should still be plenty thick for lego pieces. Keep these coming!

Absolutely love this kind of projects. It is actually pretty hard to see difference between original and printed parts.

Absolutely love this kind of projects. It is actually pretty hard to see difference between original and printed parts.

Original lego looks abit nicer but still the printed parts looks quite ok too. :)

Jeeze, how do you have the time? Oh, and shrinking the walls to .9mm will give a solid wall that should still be plenty thick for lego pieces. Keep these coming!

The goal is to get both inside and outside to fit real lego. So walls must be exactly 1.45mm thick to work as i want. But new Z-suite mabey can do solid 1.45mm thick walls, that would be almost perfect i think. I shall try that later today. :)

Edit: Did try this testprint and i am sorry to say that new Z-Suite does not print solid walls between 1.2mm to 1.45mm. Please dear Zortax, fix solid walls in this range and i will print lego parts all day long!  :D

if5pqx.jpg

Awesome, Rikard!

Rik, we already start working on "fine-infill", I hope that this solution will improve the prints quality and space between walls will be fully filled :)

Pretty sure this will make alot off Zortrax owners like SUPERHAPPY! 

You should post your castle here: http://www.thingiverse.com/challenges/BuildACastle/

Link says: "Post your sand castle molds" 

Link says: "Post your sand castle molds" 

Well fill it with sand and call it a mold... :D