Lion Sculptures and awesome metal coating technique.

It is metal :)

When the model is coated and dry it is cold to the touch, that's when you realize it is real metal on your plastic print. It's addictive, just finished another 5 or 6 models and they also look great - even small models.

It is metal :)

When the model is coated and dry it is cold to the touch, that's when you realize it is real metal on your plastic print. It's addictive, just finished another 5 or 6 models and they also look great - even small models.

Pics or it didn't happen.  :P

Yeeees I'm sure I have read the dates :)

Check again and read further than the first line…

Yes he had the idea in September when it came to him but take in mind that the video was posted by myminifactory on October 2nd. They didn’t post the video the day of they would of worked on it sometime in September. Dizingof posted his written article in January 5, 2015 which was 3 months after the fact of my mini factory who had actually produced content not a twitter of an idea. If anything he should credit my mini factory

I can't believe I'm discussing this but okay :)

The video is from October 2nd which has text exactly like the article from September 4th: http://3dprintingindustry.com/2014/09/04/go-bronze-3d-printing-dizingof-shows/

And Dizingof posted September 2nd he had ''success after weeks of testing..'' So I think he wouldn't just say something about getting credit from MMF without feeling confident he was first with posting info.

Anyway who cares, the info is freely available and people will post manuals. But because I read it at Dizingof's site/Twitter I thought to give him credit. I know I would like that if it was me.

Which chemicals did you use to make patina?

Mainly Liver of sulfur: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liver_of_sulfur

I bought it in dry form 100 grams and you don't need much. I break off a little piece and put it in a little bottle with water. You can use a nail polish bottle or spray bottle or just use a brush. I don't think you can keep it for long so I make small batches.

And I also bought light and dark green patinas in bottles. I think they both contain ammonia so I do all patinating outside. I think Liver of sulfut is the best for bronze and copper, it gives a nice brown to black aged effect.