Lots of talk of diff options other crappy printers have....

Assuming a user is going to demand warranty replacement after an obvious user screw-up is belittling.

Assuming a user is going to demand open source capabilities after an obvious purchase decision screw up (= buying a closed source printer) is belittling as well, I guess?

Advanced settings for the sake of 3D printing materials that were promised (and may never be delivered) seems like a very fair compromise to me.

Assuming a user is going to demand open source capabilities after an obvious purchase decision screw up (= buying a closed source printer) is belittling as well, I guess?

Advanced settings for the sake of 3D printing materials that were promised (and may never be delivered) seems like a very fair compromise to me.

Can I may ask which materials ?

Best Regards

Martin

PLA

And still looking forward to the Flex material.

Can I may ask which materials ?

Best Regards

Martin

Temperature settings have nothing to do with this materials, it require HotEnd V2 which will be available so fast as we can manufacture it in required qtty.

Best Regards

Martin

As I've said before, I understand that you want to keep it closed source, but if you do so then you should provide promised materials; the biggest one for me Nylon. I'm glad that development of V2 may make this possible, but there is no reason that it could not print nylon in it's current configuration. 

Strongest argument for advanced features…even if you are one of those who are completely happy with the bear bones very few options zortrax experience , is the desire to have zortrax still in business a year from now and still have m200 replacement parts . available …

im sure noone here will argue that the 3d printer market is anything but extremely saturated…every few weeks a new startup is launched and yesterday was my 3rd year attending the nyc 3d printing expo and it was nuts…tons of amazing new options in machines, printing materials , loads of very very impressive machines and a ton of chinese companies trying their hands at the american market…the prints from many of these machinese were sad to say superior to the m200 and the machinese were packed with features that were only promised by zortrax…in a market full of machinese that can print better , faster and offering ability to print with some really exciting materials,(oh and for half the price) i dont see zortrax lasting more than another year…i needed a new hot end last month so i placed the order and recieved a reply that the hotend order would be delayed several weeks because their machine that makes hotends is broken…lol…tthis means either zortrax has not made a hot end in such a long time as to completely wipe out inventory or they carry no inventory…lol…either way it suggests m200 sales are absolutely terrible and with what i saw at the show yesterday, unless they decide to offer some features that makes the m200 more attractive, we will all be in trouble if we find ourselves needing parts a year from now…its a shame because its a good machine but the managment is completely out of touch with what its going to take to remain competitive

Well, here is the only solution I can come up with for you.. Sell your printer while it's still worth something.. Once parts are no longer available, it won't be worth $100. I'm sure we will all miss the constructive criticism you bring to the group. I have heard of a great printer you might be interested in.. It's called a Makerbot.. You can even buy them at Home Depot. I'm sure parts will be readily available for years to come.. Maybe you could join the Zortrax team and point them in the right direction.. B)

+1 for Kyle and crash direction :slight_smile:

@need more options

So please order that printers and check how it printing using flexible material, nylon and wood un-interrupted big prints it seems to you that everywhere around grass is greener than at place where you are.

https://www.3dhubs.com/trends/

Spare parts are always available here: https://zortrax.com/store/upgrades-and-parts in case if local resellers do not have it on the stock.

Best Regards

Martin

Strongest argument for advanced features...even if you are one of those who are completely happy with the bear bones very few options zortrax experience , is the desire to have zortrax still in business a year from now and still have m200 replacement parts . available ..

im sure noone here will argue that the 3d printer market is anything but extremely saturated…every few weeks a new startup is launched and yesterday was my 3rd year attending the nyc 3d printing expo and it was nuts…tons of amazing new options in machines, printing materials , loads of very very impressive machines and a ton of chinese companies trying their hands at the american market…the prints from many of these machinese were sad to say superior to the m200 and the machinese were packed with features that were only promised by zortrax…in a market full of machinese that can print better , faster and offering ability to print with some really exciting materials,(oh and for half the price) i dont see zortrax lasting more than another year…i needed a new hot end last month so i placed the order and recieved a reply that the hotend order would be delayed several weeks because their machine that makes hotends is broken…lol…tthis means either zortrax has not made a hot end in such a long time as to completely wipe out inventory or they carry no inventory…lol…either way it suggests m200 sales are absolutely terrible and with what i saw at the show yesterday, unless they decide to offer some features that makes the m200 more attractive, we will all be in trouble if we find ourselves needing parts a year from now…its a shame because its a good machine but the managment is completely out of touch with what its going to take to remain competitive

Please…can you put some pics of those superior (ABS) prints on e.g. Dropbox? Or point us to a link where they can be seen? Which Chinese companies are you referring to?

Listening to this it sounds like we all, including you, did very bad research when we decided to buy a Zortrax. I’m looking forward to see you in the UP Forum…your first thread will probably be that UP did not deliver your preordered printer in the timeline they promised…second topic will probably be that it is missing a dual extruder. Sorry for being sarcastic…but it’s slowly getting old. :wink:

Strongest argument for advanced features...even if you are one of those who are completely happy with the bear bones very few options zortrax experience , is the desire to have zortrax still in business a year from now and still have m200 replacement parts . available ..

I see the sales of the Zortrax every day, as much as you want to believe that sales are declining or going to decline I am afraid you are wrong. Octave is nearing 35 printers a month at this point and we are seeing no signs of it stopping, only increasing. I personally get the chance to test some of these Chinese machines every month and they almost always go back to the company with a big fat NO THANKS.

It is the job of the SALESMAN/WOMAN to tell you their product is the best thing on the market and that you need to buy it right now. I can give a few examples: Zim by Zeepro, UP Box, Makerbot what ever machine they are pushing at this moment. I only include the UP Box because I have not had one person show me a model come off a machine yet, I have seen models that have claimed to come off it but I have never seen it print a model. There are others I can mention but I feel only 3 are necessary.

As for parts, There is always someone somewhere with what you need. Plus things like Hot-ends, nozzles, build plate heaters/perfboards are all considered consumable because they will wear out in months or years where as things like the linear rods and bearings can go for tens of thousands of hours without fault. It is why they are for the most part kept in stock. Octave does still sell the Afinia H480/479 and we still have a good stock of the heaters and nozzles even though the machine is 4 years old. 

@need more options, just because they ran out of a part you wanted/needed does not mean the printer sales are dropping, or that Zortrax is in trouble. It simply means they ran out because resellers, or other individuals, may have bought 20 or more to have in stock.... now multiply that by the 81 resellers worldwide and what do you get? BACKLOG!

-Michael

Holy Cow, 35 printers a month?? I knew stores like iMakr are having a hard time keeping them in stock, but I didn't realize they were selling THAT fast.  :o

I am seriously glad that Zortrax is doing well; as stated by almost every user the quality is above and beyond almost any printer within twice the price of the M200. I in no way feel that I made the wrong decision on which printer to get.  

What frustration I do have is due to the glacial development of promises made over two years ago (specifically filaments). Don't get me wrong, I fully understand the semi-controlled chaos that is a startup (I have been involved in a few), but it's really hard to sit by waiting for an "official" Z filament when users are already getting good results with third party filaments and existing profiles (WITHOUT modifications!). I keep wanting to try it for myself, but then I have the threat of breaking my warranty over my head. When Z finally brings these to market I'll be one happy camper, but until then I will most likely retain some frustration. 

If I am not mistaken, it is a one year warranty right?

My bad its 2 years but only if you live in Europe.  "Warranty is unavailable for customers outside the European Union."

"Clients from outside the European Union can use free technical service in case of receiving damaged or broken machine. In case of inappropriate usage, maintenance, post-warranty repair or damaged machine, client can use paid technical service."

I still think the Kickstarter ones were warranted for year regardless where you lived but my years is way past up and even my 2 year is up. So all is well with me. 

They did send me a new fan under warranty and I think it was even past a year so I rate Zortrax as top notch. 

Removed from Forums by: Michael

Reason: A Mistaken post.