M200 "File Error" on every print attempt!

Hi, I just received the printer (HW version 04)  and I am getting the following error when I initiate a print

"File Error"
"Please prepare your model again"

This is not an occasional error, it happens on every instance. 

I tried different SD Cards, re-format them and the outcome is still the same. 

However, if I just go back to the main menu, attempt the print again it just prints perfectly. Every retry is successful.

I get this error on every first attempt. The error appears right after the machine heats up the extruder.  

What can I try?

Other than this issue the printer appears to work perfectly. I was able to update the Firmware to 1.0.0, the calibration was successful and I am able to print just fine (on the second try)  

Thanks, 

Diego. 

PS See attached images for a pic of the error

It's the first time we've seen that problem, it could be caused by firmware itself. 

Maybe you could try downgrading it to 008, then upgrade it back to 1.0.0.

It's the first time we've seen that problem, it could be caused by firmware itself. 

Maybe you could try downgrading it to 008, then upgrade it back to 1.0.0.

Wow, 3rd post, 3 of them constructive helpful and on the point in summary. That was missed (by me) long here and it looks promising.  :)

The printers LCD shows 6 hours printing time, means it's brand new. FW was most probably installed by manufacturing process.

Could be a manufacturing problem related to the SD-Card module or controller ( / connection) also.

Hi, I just received the printer (HW version 04)  and I am getting the following error when I initiate a print

"File Error"
"Please prepare your model again"

This is not an occasional error, it happens on every instance. 

I tried different SD Cards, re-format them and the outcome is still the same. 

However, if I just go back to the main menu, attempt the print again it just prints perfectly. Every retry is successful.

I get this error on every first attempt. The error appears right after the machine heats up the extruder.  

What can I try?

Other than this issue the printer appears to work perfectly. I was able to update the Firmware to 1.0.0, the calibration was successful and I am able to print just fine (on the second try)  

Thanks, 

Diego. 

PS See attached images for a pic of the error

I had the same problem on a customers machine, brand new. Never prints the first time, same message as yours pops up. I turn the printer off and restart, then all is OK. Will try your method next time.

Wow, 3rd post, 3 of them constructive helpful and on the point in summary. That was missed (by me) long here and it looks promising.  :)

The printers LCD shows 6 hours printing time, means it's brand new. FW was most probably installed by manufacturing process.

Could be a manufacturing problem related to the SD-Card module or controller ( / connection) also.

I upgraded the firmware as soon as I received the printer. It shipped with 0.0.8.

I will try Marcin's solution and will report back on my next print.

Also, I tried the restart process as suggested by motordude but the problem still persists.

Thanks to all. 

It appears that this issue was reported before. I looks like a fw 1.0.0 problem. 

http://forum.zortrax.com/index.php?/topic/2278-file-error/

I upgraded the firmware as soon as I received the printer. It shipped with 0.0.8.

I will try Marcin's solution and will report back on my next print.

This seems the best solution now. If just reflashing 1.0 does not help, consider downgrade to 0.0.8 and reflash 1.0 according to this post: 

http://forum.zortrax.com/index.php?/topic/2374-firmware-100-too-high-extruder-temperature-error/?p=26875

So far so good. The last 3 prints the error didn't show! 

I went back to 0.0.8 and then forward to 1.0.0 as suggested. 

Thank you for all your recommendations.