M200 suddenly stopped printing

Martin

my Zortrax now had a mid print stop as well… my display looks fine, though…no black outs.

After the midprint stop the extruder unloaded the filament by itself. What does that mean?

I tried the same print again and on the second try it worked (with the same file on the SD card)

Thanks for your help

After a couple more failed prints I removed my display, too. So far it helped! According to Martin it has something to do with the LCD frame touching the housing.

Will I need a replacement, too? Or can I just insulate the LCD frame with some tape?

Thanks!

Mainly this problem come from lack of grounding in wall power outlet or by using power strip which looks as grounded but in reality is not. Printer which I use now have also issues when I use it in our office with power strip but after connecting this to wall power outlet no issues.

Insulating of LCD frame can help we also designed printable LCD frame for this problem just I don’t have it now on my computer.

Best Regards

Mine is directly hooked up to a grounded outlet. No power strip.

So the insulation of the LCD frame helps with the grounding issues? Would your printer work on the power strip with the LCD put to the side?

I will try the tape insulation and let you know if it helped.

Thanks!

I insulated the display frame really well all the way around, there is no metal to metal contact to the frame… but I still get the midprint stops… Initially I thought it fixed it since I had 3 good prints. But now the 4th just stopped at 75%. This is really worrying me. :confused: I don’t even want to start any bigger prints because of this. I will now try to put the display to the side on a piece of paper as recommended until this gets solved. Will a different display fix this? Despite the fact that the insulation of the frame did not help?

BTW… I checked the outlet with an outlet tester and it says the ground is OK.

Thanks!

Is it me, or you seem to be unlucky with your machine ?.. :wink:

Let me ask you this. Would you feel “lucky” if every 3rd Print stops in the middle? :wink:

Besides that I’m very happy with the quality and performance of the machine. When the prints finish they look fantastic!

I just want to be reassured by Zortrax that there will be a fix for this… That’s all.

@Andre

Just put LCD as shown on previous solution, new LCD panel we will shipping after few days due of Chinese New Year.

Best Regards

Thanks a lot, Martin! :slight_smile:

[quote name=Martin Olchanowski]@Andre

Just put LCD as shown on previous solution, new LCD panel we will shipping after few days due of Chinese New Year.

Best Regards
[/quote]

Wow, that’s good after-sell service ! Thank Martin.

Is there something new with the new LCD panel ? Or is it the same from another batch of production ?

[quote name=Trhuster]Yea i already hold rods with finger while printing and small rods is ok i think. I am not sure where sound is from still but i will find the reason in this weekend when i have more time. I showed them my figurine at work and their minds where blown, they could not belive that it was printed! :smiley: I am happy.
[/quote]

I can report that i have a smooth going Zortax printer now! I think it was a string of events that contribute to squeaking sound. First i tightend small rods but no big difference, i also tigthend screws in the head that hold the bushings in the printhead. Then i greased all rods with white grease that came with printer. Nice stuff. I want to buy some more. I think grease was the most important thing because i am pretty sure sound came from rotating y-axis.

Only one warning, i overtightend one or all blocks that hold small rods in place. It is not much material left in those countersinkt holes and one is broken. It is my own fault and i can still print so no worries.

I can macine new ones at work. Any chance that i can get cad file for that part?

@Trhuster

If it is not totally damaged and still working then leave it as is, just now I can provide .stl file with this part (here we have one printer with printed all this parts) for drawing you have to wait few days.

Best Regards

[quote name=Martin Olchanowski]@Trhuster

If it is not totally damaged and still working then leave it as is, just now I can provide .stl file with this part (here we have one printer with printed all this parts) for drawing you have to wait few days.

Best Regards
[/quote]

It is no problems with printing so far. :slight_smile: I don’t want to print that part, i guess it is to weak printed? But i would be happy if i could get a drawing or dxf or something and i will make new ones at work and use some high quality steel so i dont break them again.

I also tried to isloate display from chassi with tape but it did not help and still stopped midprint. Never happend once when lying loose under bed.

Good day to all,

First post here, first of all, big thanks to rafal and karolina for the prompt delivery.

Got everything set up nicely and started printing the carabiner stl found on the printroom.

All goes well, however it stops printing after a ‘few’ layers after the raft and returns to home position.

I tried removing the display as stated somewhere above the forum and sit it on a cardboard to insulate it from the casing but it does not help. Tried formatting the sd card with the latest firmware.

I will post some photos when i get the chance.

[quote name=eddie]Good day to all,

First post here, first of all, big thanks to rafal and karolina for the prompt delivery.

Got everything set up nicely and started printing the carabiner stl found on the printroom.

All goes well, however it stops printing after a ‘few’ layers after the raft and returns to home position.

I tried removing the display as stated somewhere above the forum and sit it on a cardboard to insulate it from the casing but it does not help. Tried formatting the sd card with the latest firmware.

I will post some photos when i get the chance.
[/quote]

Can you may try to use other SD card if you have any ?

Seems most of current batch printers have this problem but it pass 8h of prints and QC same as printers shipped before, the only not tested thing is SD card.

Best Regards

Martin

Thanks Martin, I will do that in the morning. Another observation is that it stops printing at the same point or ’ region’ . You are right, hardware is fine. Machinery sounds really smooth. However, I did make a small dent on my plate as the small 3 pin connector breaks loose during calibration. Better connectors maybe an option. Will seek a new plate when I solve this problem. Thanks again Martin.

Are your cables too short pulling on the connectors when the platform is all the way up?

Good day Martin,

Got a brand new sd card today and reprinted the parts, same problem. Display isolated and sd card reformatted. Shift to another power source, ground tested. Please advice. It just pretty much stops and returns to original position. Using windows 8 service pack 1. Thank you.

Good day Andre, I check the cable and it is long enough. I guess my printer is a giant lemon. Lol. :confused:

@eddie

Please send to us zcode which you try to print - support@zortrax.com

Is I understand good that it always stop in same place ?

Best Regards

Sure Martin, all sent through. Thank you