Mesh/Shell Infill question

Hi everyone. Relatively new M200 owner here. We purchased one at work and have had it for about about a month. Liked it so much, I bought one for myself! Anyway....

Question for everyone. Is there a way to print top and bottom layers when using "shell infill" in advanced print settings? Or respectively, is there a way to adjust the wall thickness when using "mesh infill" in advanced print settings?

With the part I'm printing I tested printing "shell infill" with a thickness of 3. It's perfect for my application but I need top and bottom layers. I also tried using "mesh infill" which is great because I get top and bottom layers but the walls are too thin.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Hi,

How about to use a shell command in any CAD software? You can easily define the thickness and then save it as a new .stl model.

Yeah, I that's what I tried first. I didn't spend a lot of time on it to be honest but what I did try didn't work.

The object I'm trying to print has a lot of flat surfaces at multiple angles. When I attempt to offset the surface in Rhino it doesn't work like I want it too. I'm sure there's a way to get it to work but when I found the mesh and shell infill options in Z-Suite I was hoping I could do it that way and not have to go back into my model.

I'm trying to print a basic hollow cube.  I think choosing mesh is the right answer but how will the top part of the cube be created if there are no supports on the inside?  Or is that the point of the "mesh"?   Should I be using the "light" option instead?

There has to be infill if whole part printed, or you may print 2 parts without infill (mesh) and then glue them,

check this link

Thanks!  I think that answers my question.  I'll try to make a hollow cube with one side open for now to avoid having to use any fill.  Thanks!