More retraction issues

Hi All,

I really want to love this printer.... but it's driving me nutz. I think I've gone through just about every version of Z-Suite since beta 0.0.6 up to the latest, but the strings and burns just continue. I'm fairly new to the 3D printing, but have been in the 3D industry for 20 years so I know a little. But try as much as I can I can not get rid of this problem. I have tried different Z-ABS spools & Z-UltraT. I feel as though my printer is running too hot? Lower temp profiles seem to help slightly, less burns and stringing....Anybody have any ideas? 

Z-ABS, 0.14mm, Quality High, Infill Solid, No Support, Fan100%

Oops. My bad.

Both fans work right?

Both fans work right?

Thanks again Pingu.

Yes, both fans are working when enabled in the firmware fan test.

How long have you had the m200? Is the nozzle in good condition and have you tried removing it and giving it a thorough clean?

I agree with printz, Love cleaning my nozzle or replacing it because the print quality does improve. Believe it or not but Zortrax states you should replace your nozzle after 1 full spool. 

I agree with printz, Love cleaning my nozzle or replacing it because the print quality does improve. Believe it or not but Zortrax states you should replace your nozzle after 1 full spool. 

If I was selling nozzles for $30 each, I'd want you to change them after each full spool, too.

Thanks for the replies everyone....appreciate that your all trying to help!

I purchased the M200 November 2016, brand new in box from reseller here in Australia. I purchased a second nozzle as a backup for when I clean the other, which I have done multiple times for 24 hours in acetone. Also checked with the supplied wire to make sure they were clear. No change to anything print wise.

Hi All,

I really want to love this printer.... but it's driving me nutz. I think I've gone through just about every version of Z-Suite since beta 0.0.6 up to the latest, but the strings and burns just continue. I'm fairly new to the 3D printing, but have been in the 3D industry for 20 years so I know a little. But try as much as I can I can not get rid of this problem. I have tried different Z-ABS spools & Z-UltraT. I feel as though my printer is running too hot? Lower temp profiles seem to help slightly, less burns and stringing....Anybody have any ideas? 

Can you post STL? That might help. I have two machines here V1 and V4. I'll print on both to test.

Can you post STL? That might help. I have two machines here V1 and V4. I'll print on both to test.

Thank you Kyle, I really appreciate it.

.Anybody have any ideas? 

Which version of Z-suite (and firmware)? The infill Solid option was changed to infill Maximum sometime ago.

Which version of Z-suite (and firmware)? The infill Solid option was changed to infill Maximum sometime ago.

I am running more tests now, back on Z-Suite 1.7.2.1 and 1.0.5 Firmware. I will post more as I progress with better notes. As I mentioned, I have gone through most versions of Zsuite without much change. I think 1.3.0.

beta0.0.6 and firmware 1.0.5 gave best results as far as I could tell.

Here is the print off of the V4 printer. 67 hours on printer. (same settings you posted) .014, full infill, auto fan  1.7.2.1 Z-suite. I am running 1.0 Firmware though. There is some stringing,but not much. hMdeuc.jpgORFoCk.jpg6JgpTi.jpg

I'll run it on one of mine later tonight with 1.0.5 after some prints finish

Kyle, that's quite an improvement over mine! I would be happy with those results. Thank you!

ChunkyPastaSauce, thanks, I am very keen to see how your printer goes.

I edited the STL slightly. Basically cut it in half to reduce print time as I want to run a whole lot of tests with it. 

I'll run it on one of mine later tonight with 1.0.5 after some prints finish

a5v69tR.jpg?1

side panels on, old nozzle (think 230 hrs), pillar on right bent because I slipped with scraper.

a5v69tR.jpg?1

side panels on, old nozzle (think 230 hrs), pillar on right bent because I slipped with scraper.

Wow, looks quite good!

I am printing the same model, same settings now. Will post my results once done. 

Thanks again for doing this... 

M200 V4, 370 hours total print time. Side covers. New Spool of Z-ABS Cool Grey. Z-Suite 1.7.2.1 and Firmware 1.0.5

Z-ABS profile, 0.14mm, Quality, Max Infill, Support 0, Fan Auto.

It actually came out better then the Z-ABS Green I did earlier but I did use 100% fan. 

Can you check if the small screws at the side of your heatblock are secured? That might be a cause for to high temperatures.

Can you check if the small screws at the side of your heatblock are secured? That might be a cause for to high temperatures.

The ones that secure the thermocouple and heater in the block? If so, yes they are, I checked those yesterday after fitting a clean nozzle.