Mr Wathersnap

This is the first parts for the Bold Machines figure “Mr Walthersnap” printed using 0.9 software and I am very happy with it. I am printing it at 2x scale.

His jacket at 2x scale is a little to big for the build envelope of the m200 so I used the new slice function to cut of the bottom piece of the jacket. You can see in the picture the bottom piece already printed. I have yet to print the top half which is a 1day and 13 hour print.

I have already printed the other Bold machines figure “Margo” which also came out good and I am preparing for paint at the moment.

David

Nice!!!!

Amazing quality, David, what layer thickness did you use?

Hi Julia,

Hi. I have already built Mr Wathersnap although I call it Dennis.

Hi. I have already built Mr Wathersnap although I call it Dennis.

Post a pic

Here is the third character in the series, Eddie, Margo's rather smart dog.

It is not quite finished as it is missing the fan blades from the engines.

David

Wow, David. Just wow.

Great paint job and print!

What airbrush or airbrushes are you using?

I use three airbrushes, a Grex Tritium, a Iawata Hi Line and a Tamiya.

Nice which is your favorite?

What a great job!!!

I just bought a iwata neo this week, but have not had the chance to try it…

Do you have any tips about how to use it?

best

Andreas

Awesome!

Where do you paint your models and which paints do you prefer? Do you have spraying booth or special room for spraying models? I am asking because I have constant problems with dust in paint.

What a great job!!!

best

Andreas 

Thin to the consistency of 1% to 2% milk and practice

I recommend you start with acrylic paint as well it's much easier.

What a great job!!!

best

Andreas

Not, really, I am far from being an expert. The only real tips I live by, is keep it cleaned and practice.

David

Awesome!

Where do you paint your models and which paints do you prefer? Do you have spraying booth or special room for spraying models? I am asking because I have constant problems with dust in paint.

I paint in my workshop and use numerous mostly acrylic paints such as Goldenseal, Valejo, garage kits and of course Tamiya. I have a small modellers paint booth which extracts thought the bottom through filters.

Before painting, I always blow off any dust with compressed air and use gloves.

David

Nice which is your favorite?

I like Mr Walt and Eddie the dog, although I suspect the Bridge Worker I am working on now my end up as my favourite.

David

I like Mr Walt and Eddie the dog, although I suspect the Bridge Worker I am working on now my end up as my favourite.

David

He probably wonders which is your favorite airbrush. :)

I paint in my workshop and use numerous mostly acrylic paints such as Goldenseal, Valejo, garage kits and of course Tamiya. I have a small modellers paint booth which extracts thought the bottom through filters.

Before painting, I always blow off any dust with compressed air and use gloves.

David

What is your opinion about this spray booth: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Airbrush-Spray-Booth-Kit-Paint-Craft-Odor-Extractor-Hobby-Crafts-Figurines-New-/380852051381?pt=Model_Kit_US&hash=item58ac8d1db5

He probably wonders which is your favorite airbrush. :)

What is your opinion about this spray booth: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Airbrush-Spray-Booth-Kit-Paint-Craft-Odor-Extractor-Hobby-Crafts-Figurines-New-/380852051381?pt=Model_Kit_US&hash=item58ac8d1db5

Yep Sam you are correct lol

That's the spray booth I have Sam and I love it!

[URL=http://s103.photobucket.com/user/Techbuilder/media/20141028_230000.jpg.html]20141028_230000.jpg[/URL]

You are right, well, I guess I like the Iawata the best, but the Grex is also very good.

That spray booth looks fine, although it maybe a little small in terms of working space. Mine is similar to this one http://www.amazon.com/Artograph-225-315-1520-Spray-Booth/dp/B000KNHTTC/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1415561561&sr=8-9&keywords=Spray+booth