My fantastic M200 3D Printer...but with some problems..

Hello everyone,
I am new into Forum, this is my first post ... :P
I am an Italian engineer who works in the field of Motorsport and that by October 2014 is an happy owner of a Zortrax M200 (V 0.3). :)

I will not print a lot, but the things that print must have a good quality because them are all mechanical components for prototypes. I chose the Zortrax M200 because it combines ease of use with a high quality of printing! :)

In this first period of use I had the pleasure to print various items and I'm really happy of my purchase ... I found, however, some issues that I would submit to all of you to understand if them are normal and common problems. -_-

1) From October to now I had to/wanted to replace the Perforated Surface because, as you see in the picture named "plane.jpeg", it is deformed (by removing the screws the Perforated Surface lifts approximately 3-4mm in the center than at the corners);

2) Both with the old and the new Perforate Plane it has been the problem that the diffuser of the fan touches the electrical connector of the plan (as seen in photo named "contact_1.jpeg" and "contact_2.jpeg" ). Despite this happens only for the first layers of the press, this limits the possibility to fully use the print area;

3) From October to now is already the second time I have to realign the rail of the extruder (by moving one of the two fasteners on the belt; verification conducted using a suitable instrument of Zortrax - in the photo named "Alignment_1.jpeg" you see the tool on the side of alignment that does not touch the bar as it should). This problem produces another problem that appears doing the automatic alignment of the plan. Not being lined the rails, the extruder does not touch the conductive part of the plan in the fourth control point and it do not stops pressing the floor and forcing me to turn off the printer (as you can see in the pictures called "Alignment_2.jpeg" and "Alignment_3. jpeg). The strange thing is that even when the rail are lined the contact point of the extruder for the third and fourth alignment point of the floor are really at the limit of the areas of conduction of the Perforated Plane.

4) I have made the side protectors plexiglass to make the printer environment more homogeneous heat but unfortunately still have the problem of the separation of the first level of printing, resulting defomrazione the piece (as seen in photo named "Lat Lift DX.jpeg" and Lat Lift SX.jpeg...the problem is bigger on the Left side then on the Right).

What do you think? Any advice for me? ... :)

I remain waiting for your feedback and available if you need more details on individual issues. ;)

Thank you all.
205Tino
:)

PS: for point 4) I read several solutions on the Forum that will try to test ...  :)

Push your bed hardly to let it sitting on the pegs, you can loose pegs screws a little, looking at third picture attached your bed is not inserted correctly on the pegs

Thanks Mark82...but I can confirm that my printing plane is perfectly fixed in the correct position...the condition you can see in the third picture happen when, during the auto calibration, the extruder try to find the fourth point but it goes out from the contact area so it do not find the stop contact and push the plane making what you see in the picture (for this reason I had to turn off the printer and move manually the extruder to put everything in the correct condition)...This happens because of the loosing alignment of the rail of the extruder.

Thanks anyway  ;)

1) From October to now I had to/wanted to replace the Perforated Surface because, as you see in the picture named "plane.jpeg", it is deformed (by removing the screws the Perforated Surface lifts approximately 3-4mm in the center than at the corners);

2) Both with the old and the new Perforate Plane it has been the problem that the diffuser of the fan touches the electrical connector of the plan (as seen in photo named "contact_1.jpeg" and "contact_2.jpeg" ). Despite this happens only for the first layers of the press, this limits the possibility to fully use the print area;

For #1, just follow Zortrax's guide for cleaning under the pref board and you won't have that problem.  When you remove the board, you should slightly bend it so that the center does not lift up.

For #2, you shouldn't have that problem if the platform is level.  My fan is not low enough to touch the connector unless it was crooked.  If it still touches then they must have changed the size of the connector or lowered the fan on new printers.

Or the nozzle is too short… That can make you hit the connector, too.

In general I would say all this is a case for support. That the print head can’t reach the corner for the cal is not normal and they should repair/replace your printer under warranty.

@Tino205,

Please follow the instructions at http://support.zortrax.com/hc/en-us/articles/201315441-Eliminating-Layers-Displacement , it should solve your problem with leveling.

HI,

Thank you all for your answers .

I will try to contact the Support of Zortrax to understand what they tell me about my problems… At the same time I will try the solution for the alignment of the rails of the extruder…not to leave anything to chance! :wink:

For the moment with the new Perforate Plan it prints well ... I have to try a large print to assess whether returns detachment of the model as it happened before ... but the problem of the contact of the extruder during the automatic alignment remained .. I realigned manually and now it's ok ... I'll try also to understand how quickly loses again the alignment of the rails. ;)

I will keep you updated. ;)

Thank you. :)