My M200s are testing my faith!

Ok, my other M200 started acting up now. As you'll see in the attached pics, the extruder seems to be cutting in and out. What's weird is it's doing it in the same place on each print but at a different place on each print. 

I went through and did the "eliminating axis" maintenance, removed the build plate and cleaned it, leveled the bed and replaced the nozzle. I was sure it was the nozzle! It is not, I've tries three different nozzles. Also, I'm using Z-UltraT, I've tried using multiple spools and I've tried printing at .14 and .09mm.

What can I try next? I still haven't solved the problem with my other M200 which means I'm down till I can figure this out.

Note: the pics are displaying upside down for some reason. I uploaded them in their correct orientation but they flip upside down every time.

Did you clean the feed tube, the one that goes into the nozzle? There is always a lot of crud there, by hand, use a 3.5mm drill (i think, you need to try!!) while the extruder is hot and pull it through until it's clean. Remove the crud from the spirals every time you insert the drill.

Best of luck!

John

Haven't tried that! Thanks motordude, I'll give it a shot.

Looks to me like the ribbon cable going up top has developed a short and when the cable gets bent just right the extruder motor is temporarily losing power and it stops feeding filament. I'd swap the ribbon cable out and test.  Kind Regards - David

Looks to me like the ribbon cable going up top has developed a short and when the cable gets bent just right the extruder motor is temporarily losing power and it stops feeding filament. I'd swap the ribbon cable out and test.  Kind Regards - David

This^

This sounds right. Thanks everyone!

Its most likely ribbon cable, like has been said before. Just to make sure, you can try printing Ribbon Cable Tester from Z-Suite library. 

Its most likely ribbon cable, like has been said before. Just to make sure, you can try printing Ribbon Cable Tester from Z-Suite library. 

Will do. Thanks!

Ok, I ran the ribbon cable tester file. In the attached photo I've circled the areas where it's dropping out. Can anyone confirm it's ribbon by looking at this?

Ok, I ran the ribbon cable tester file. In the attached photo I've circled the areas where it's dropping out. Can anyone confirm it's ribbon by looking at this?

I can, it is. 

I could recommend you using printable "Zortrax M200 Filament tube fastener v5", it should extend cable lifespan.

I can, it is. 

I could recommend you using printable "Zortrax M200 Filament tube fastener v5", it should extend cable lifespan.

Ordered a ribbon cable yesterday.

I already use the Filament tube fasteners. Thanks.