NEED EXPERTISE! New Zortrax M200 owner, need help. Suspect distributor sold me a USED Zortrax as a brand new one.

Is there any way to confirm that the printer itself is used, other than the obvious chips and stuff. Does the zortrax m200 have a hours of operation meter on it? Something that can not be reset? Or anything else for that matter?

Thank you!

Hello!

Everything is fine with your platform. All the platforms is slightly sanded and coated with ABS juice, this provides better grip your print to the platform, so you don't need to worry about it.

If you will have any questions just let me know!

BTW: Here you can look how to carry on your platform in the future (Platform Maintenance): http://forum.zortrax.com/index.php?/topic/483-tips-tricks-warping-issue-solution/

Best Regards,

Igor

Chinookguy: If you're going to have any issues with your printer, poke me through the private message here at the forum and I will help you out directly.

I updated my post with a cross threaded screw, and another screw on there was loose. Im sure this high quality printer would not come with defects like this.

Thank you Chris, ill message you right now.

I updated my post with a cross threaded screw, and another screw on there was loose. Im sure this high quality printer would not come with defects like this.

Thank you Chris, ill message you right now.

This is not defect, every M200 come with slightly loose Z nut screws no problem with it due of used nylock nuts this prevents Z wobble

Thanks Mark, well with that said, the two of the hex screws were cross threaded pretty bad, and i didn't post a photo, but the heating element on the bottom has deep cuts in the plastic. I guess if this unit is not used, i still feel better getting another one because of that stuff plus the deep scratches. 

But the normal is to have the print side covered in some type of glue?

Thanks Mark, well with that said, the two of the hex screws were cross threaded pretty bad, and i didn't post a photo, but the heating element on the bottom has deep cuts in the plastic. I guess if this unit is not used, i still feel better getting another one because of that stuff plus the deep scratches. 

But the normal is to have the print side covered in some type of glue?

Your platform is in perfect brand new condition and coating is big plus from seller or Zortrax then you do not need to deal with sanding and acetone by yourself, anyway prepare some PVA glue stick to coat platform with it time to time it can help with adhesion a lot. Used platform looks far different this is how looks used platform: http://i.ytimg.com/vi/sBNu5cszhqg/maxresdefault.jpg[found on the google images - zortrax platform] 3D printing is sometimes dirty scratchy process with hand postprocessing be ready for it

Looks like the contact patch plating has been upgraded from nickel to gold?? If so, nice upgrade and well-done, Zortrax :)

Looks like the contact patch plating has been upgraded from nickel to gold?? If so, nice upgrade and well-done, Zortrax :)

Not all that glitters is gold!

(I suspect this is a goldfish reflection, Photoshop can fix it  :D )

It seems odd that the post has been slimmed down, I meant to get to this yesterday but I was out of the office. If needed I will explain some answers to your questions and if your printer was used.

-Michael

Yeah, i got most of the issues resolved. I figured ide save you all from having to read a novel haha.