New colors of Z-ULTRAT

More Info:

https://zortrax.com/blog/products/new-colors-of-z-ultrat

bf2f287451ee6ee6a9085a16d99fcc09107a4ada

Good news!

Black and grey would have been nice. If it's suited for engineering purpouses those colors have more demand than green or yellow...

Black and grey would have been nice. If it's suited for engineering purpouses those colors have more demand than green or yellow...

I agree, I am waiting for black for a specific application.

Black +1

Hope to see it soon, along with the other bunch of promised materials.

+1 to both black and gray.

+1 for black.

+4 or 5 for black and grey now!!!

+1 Black and gray!

Very nice :)

But yes to black and grey. 

+1  Black…  :P

I like the idea of Z-Ultrat but without a material data sheet its difficult to properly design for. 

+1,346 for black and gray but mostly black

+1,346 for black and gray but mostly black

Lol

I know it’s slightly off topic but does anyone know if zortrax plans on ever supporting PLA?

I remember seeing a page where it listed all the promised materials but now I can’t find it…

They better start supporting PLA,

I purchased this printer with the intent on printing with PLA.

(because as you mention, they claimed to have PLA "coming soon")

It's totally irresponsible to have everyone printing their nick-naks out of ABS.

I cringe a little every time I look at my mini mountain of landfill that I have created with this printer.

Also: Can someone please tell us what the heck "Ultrat" is?

I sound so stupid when a customer asks me and I can't explain to them what type of plastic it is.

Also: Can someone please tell us what the heck "Ultrat" is?

I sound so stupid when a customer asks me and I can't explain to them what type of plastic it is.

I'd like to know as well. It's bizarre that there's a material data sheet for Z-ABS but not for this. 

There are PDFs for Z-ULTRAT available in the “Documentation and manuals” section.

JoshPit2003… If you get tired of waiting for PLA support, I’d make you a deal on a handful of used MakerBot Replicator 2s. :slight_smile:

In all seriousness, PLA is easy to work with (and smells good during printing) but if you need any kind of temperature resistance stay with ABS. PLA starts to soften and warp at temperatures a car on a sunny day sees in 45 minutes (115+ degrees f). ABS handles twice the temp…

Yesterday’s heat test …70 degree fall day in Denver.330

image.jpg