New colors of Z-ULTRAT

I cringe a little every time I look at my mini mountain of landfill that I have created with this printer.

Your mini-mountain is a teeny-tiny molehill compared to the tonnage of ABS that comes out of any one of tens of thousands of injection-molding factories across China and the rest of the world each and every day.

Good thing you did that test yesterday... :D

JoshPit2003..... If you get tired of waiting for PLA support, I'd make you a deal on a handful of used MakerBot Replicator 2s. :-)

In all seriousness, PLA is easy to work with (and smells good during printing) but if you need any kind of temperature resistance stay with ABS. PLA starts to soften and warp at temperatures a car on a sunny day sees in 45 minutes (115+ degrees f). ABS handles twice the temp…

Yesterday’s heat test …70 degree fall day in Denver.attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Still interested in PLA for doing investment casting...

Im interested in trying that as well. I hear you can cast PLA directly.. anyone tried that?

Im interested in trying that as well. I hear you can cast PLA directly.. anyone tried that?

Is messy, what I would recomend is to burn the PLA out of a plaster mould, then cliean the ashes and after that procceed to casting. If you try to cast directly all you'll get is a part full of bubbles and undesirable ashes.

You can do it with ABS as well you just have to be a little more careful because of the fumes but you shouldn’t be burning out a mold inside your house anyway

You can do it with ABS as well you just have to be a little more careful because of the fumes but you shouldn't be burning out a mold inside your house anyway

Nothing says "I love you" like your wife letting you use a blast furnace for a coffee table!!!! :D