News about new Z-filaments?

Hey Zortrax, when the availability of pre-announced new types of filaments?? Thanks.

I think they are still working out Z-Glass and HIPS issues,

but I too would like to know whats still in the pipe-line after that.

From my usage of ZHIPS I think the setting is about 95% complete,could have a little better support removal but, overall it works great. Zglass seems to be almost like a Beta material, I do not think I can use it on the machines I have access to in the office or at home. on a side note I will be able to purchase my very own zortrax M200 this week :D

Improvements for Z-Hips is done, and will be implemented in Z-Suite v1.0, this version will be available within 1-2 weeks, now we need test all settings.

Z-Glass and other new materials required new hotend V2, we received the final version and we are in the test phase now. i think it will be available within 1-2 weeks.

Igor - will the new V2 hot end also work for Z-ABS, Z-Ultrat, and Z-HIPS or will we need to switch between the new and old hot ends depending on which filament that we want to print with?

Thanks, Mike

V2 will be working with all Z-Filaments series materials, these new which will come and these old :)

Igor - will the new V2 hot end also work for Z-ABS, Z-Ultrat, and Z-HIPS or will we need to switch between the new and old hot ends depending on which filament that we want to print with?

Thanks, Mike

I should have waited to buy a spare hot end.. Oh well...

Just to know if I understood correctly, V2 hotend will be compatible with V1 hardware as well with all Z materials?

Yes, it will be compatible in 100%.

Just to know if I understood correctly, V2 hotend will be compatible with V1 hardware as well with all Z materials?

Will the software support V1 hot-ends still for those that don't want/need to use z-glass?

Will the software support V1 hot-ends still for those that don't want/need to use z-glass?

No difference between V1 and V2 for Z-ABS, Z-Ultrat and Z-HIPS materials, software will have no any changes due of new hotend version.

Best Regards

Martin

I have buy  a Zortrax m200 two weeks ago,

is the new Hotend  V2 already installed?

nope

I have buy  a Zortrax m200 two weeks ago,

is the new Hotend  V2 already installed?

It's difficult to tell from your photo. There are two visual differences:

The "fat" section extends farther down, closer to the heat block:

V2%20hot%20end%20side%20view.JPG

And there is a plastic insert inside the fat part (but you need to remove the hot end to see it):

V2%20hot%20end%20tube.JPG

My question is how long will the tube last and will there need to be replacements sold with the V2 hot-end?

Dear Julia Truchsess,

My Hotend is same as In your picture. is the new Hotend  V2? :) 

I am your new friend, nice to meet you. I like zortrax very much, do a good job.

17396517211_27eb12524a_b.jpg

It's difficult to tell from your photo. There are two visual differences:

The "fat" section extends farther down, closer to the heat block:

V2%20hot%20end%20side%20view.JPG

And there is a plastic insert inside the fat part (but you need to remove the hot end to see it):

V2%20hot%20end%20tube.JPG

Nice to see that Zortrax is putting high temp PTFE into the steel hot-end, this will make natural/clear PLA and other specialty plastics easier to use, this is what I did to my "UP Plus Pro" recently with a "Recreus" add on and it works like a dream.

Michael is correct that the plastic tube will wear over time and need to be replaced.

Regards

Drew

Nice to see that Zortrax is putting high temp PTFE into the steel hot-end, this will make natural/clear PLA and other specialty plastics easier to use

You are 100% correct, Drew.