Nylon Rebel

The printing temp of the Taulman 618 is very similar to the one of the Z-ABS, has anyone tried to use this nylon with the zortrax? could this be a good idea?

The printing temp of the Taulman 618 is very similar to the one of the Z-ABS, has anyone tried to use this nylon with the zortrax? could this be a good idea?

I tried it, but good luck getting the raft off… :slight_smile: That was on a very small part with no fan control though. I might have to try it again.

I tried it, but good luck getting the raft off… :slight_smile: That was on a very small part with no fan control though. I might have to try it again.

Nylon raft and support are tough, but so are the parts - you just have to be brutal! I usually print nylon at 250C, I suppose I’ll have to give it a try on the Zortrax one of these days.

Nylon raft and support are tough, but so are the parts - you just have to be brutal! I usually print nylon at 250C, I suppose I’ll have to give it a try on the Zortrax one of these days.

Since the original posts here I've had some great success with Taulman 618 on the M200. Tall, vertical orientation may help with warping on larger parts. Support removal is not bad at all - I think I used 100% fan.

DSC_0304.JPG

DSC_0302.JPG

Since the original posts here I've had some great success with Taulman 618 on the M200. Tall, vertical orientation may help with warping on larger parts. Support removal is not bad at all - I think I used 100% fan.

Thats great Julia!!! Thank you for the update

A little late here, but this is great!

Thank you for the update Julia,

Is this still the only nylon filament that seems to best work with this printer? or anyone have any new experience? 

Thanks

I know of a good place to buy Taulman 618.... :D

When is that good place to buy filament going to have Z-Glass and Z-HIPS?

I know of a good place to buy Taulman 618.... :D

And you even get free shipping through amazon.  ^_^