odd ways to use 3d printer?

I really dont know what it called but i will try to describe it…i have seen 3d prints that were programmed in a way other than sliced layers…for example , if the design called for long tendrils, the printer head would lift off the bed and extrude long strings …tthen the head would move back and fourth creating clusters of these strings rather than fused layers…im wondering how this is done and if it can be done with zortrax?..we use our printer for fashion embelishments and i was just watching the extrusion during a filiment loading and the long strings that come out look a lot like im thinking there might be a way that i could move the head while those strings are extruded and have them form shapes and objects that would have the appearance of being made of thread or string…i know this is commonly done on other machines like ultimaker and i even once did this on my zortrax with a file i found online, but im curious how the files are made?..thanks

Google “silkworm grasshopper” , but you will need gcode…

THATS WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT!!!..can this be done with a zortrax?

THATS WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT!!!!..can this be done with a zortrax?

Didn't you say that you've already done this on your Zortrax??  Quote "I know this is commonly done on other machines like ultimaker and i even once did this on my Zortrax with a file I found online"

Sort of…it was through a thingiverse file where It seems an element of the design was programmed like this

Curios to see it.. Didn't think it was possible with Zcode..

As I said, Silkworm produces gcode. You can’t use it on the Zortrax.

But you can bridge. You can design a model that amplifies the use of bridge.

Like this http://3dprint.com/32480/3d-print-paintbrush-bridging/