Part printed with ZPrinter 310 Plus for comparison with M200

Hi,

I have printed this part with an older ZPrinter 310 Plus model, can anyone print the part with M200 at best resolution to see the difference ? Quality was really good, after painting I could use the part on the final product.

Thanks.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/njwef2arpgjtz61/P1000121.JPG

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iqi5zrkltxrgtf9/P1000122.JPG

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2t3by1zt0xctfu6/P1000123.JPG

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w6decvvi7m44rhv/P1000124.JPG

And the STL:

stl

[quote name=rexthekingro]Quality was really good, after painting I could use the part on the final product.
[/quote]

Quality better have been good at that price! That looks like a $20,000+ printer.

I’m sure someone here wouldn’t mind printing it though. I could give it a try but it wouldn’t be until later tonight and it looks like an 8+ hour print at full size.

Zortrax looks really promising, I hope that when it will reach the 25 microns resolution it will be an option also for the expensive competitors. I believe it will take a lot of testing and optimization work, maybe the Chinese side of this project will bring it’s resourceful contribution.

But I look forward to see the result of printing the above part, it will give me a hint if I should buy one soon :).

[quote name=rexthekingro]Zortrax looks really promising, I hope that when it will reach the 25 microns resolution it will be an option also for the expensive competitors. I believe it will take a lot of testing and optimization work, maybe the Chinese side of this project will bring it’s resourceful contribution.

But I look forward to see the result of printing the above part, it will give me a hint if I should buy one soon :).
[/quote]

I kicked off a print before I left for work…I’ll follow up tonight. Tons of support on this one.

[quote name=LonV]I kicked off a print before I left for work…I’ll follow up tonight. Tons of support on this one.
[/quote]

What degree of support did you select? I was thinking only 20 would probably be enough.

[quote name=The6uest][quote=LonV]I kicked off a print before I left for work…I’ll follow up tonight. Tons of support on this one.
[/quote]

What degree of support did you select? I was thinking only 20 would probably be enough.
[/quote]

Yeah, I think I selected 20%…but it’s pretty steep.

Lot of primer and paint, it will look good.

So bad news. I got some pretty bad warping (which is sort of the nature of ABS without an enclosure) which screwed up a couple of things…this is fixable. However, the underside is very droopy (it must have been bridging quite a bit…maybe 20% isn’t enough) and I’ve got rough walls on the side which is something I’ve encountered on a few prints lately. I oriented it like you had in your first picture, but maybe there’s an orientation that would be better.

I believe the printer is very capable and would probably surprise you, but the slicer needs some improvements still.

Don’t make your decision based on this post, let’s see if we can get the Z-team to print one for you. It’s possible there’s something wonky with my printer, because as I’ve said, I’ve seen some oddness lately.

[quote name=LonV]So bad news. I got some pretty bad warping (which is sort of the nature of ABS without an enclosure) which screwed up a couple of things…this is fixable. However, the underside is very droopy (it must have been bridging quite a bit…maybe 20% isn’t enough) and I’ve got rough walls on the side which is something I’ve encountered on a few prints lately. I oriented it like you had in your first picture, but maybe there’s an orientation that would be better.

I believe the printer is very capable and would probably surprise you, but the slicer needs some improvements still.

Don’t make your decision based on this post, let’s see if we can get the Z-team to print one for you. It’s possible there’s something wonky with my printer, because as I’ve said, I’ve seen some oddness lately.
[/quote]

Ok, thanks very much for trying. I’m sure there is a lot of optimization possible for M200, I’ll wait for optimistic results :).

@rexthekingro - What is the meaning compared Zortrax LPD/FDM which cost is $1,899 to powder printer which cost is $30,000-40,000 ? Different technology print, different price for device and high price for powder material :slight_smile:

It’s like comparing Porsche to Ford Fiesta :slight_smile:

[quote name=Michael]@rexthekingro - What is the meaning compared Zortrax LPD/FDM which cost is $1,899 to powder printer which cost is $30,000-40,000 ? Different technology print, different price for device and high price for powder material :slight_smile:

It’s like comparing Porsche to Ford Fiesta :slight_smile:
[/quote]

The comparison is not to see which one is better, but to see how close to some minimal requirements of quality is M200 (which has the big price advantage) for practical usage. If it will be like a Ford Fiesta compared to a Porsche, it would be great :)…I mean if you get at destination slower and with less comfort, but in good condition.