Part used to print well, now is unperfect

Hello, I printed the same file the same way before, only 2 things changed : the material is now Easyfill ABS instead of Premium ABS from Formfutura, the infill is solid instead of medium.

I used that Easyfill ABS for other parts and didn't see this issue.

The non default settings are:

layer thickness 0,29

speed high

support lite

Yet the part on the right (which is the same as the one on the left and on the back) has a very poor wall on the lower part. I don't see any reason for it - any idea ?

EDIT: actually 5 things had changed, the firmware and software (now using the latest).

Not sure.. I'm pretty sure none of us will be able to get the same results using Z-ABS.. Were earlier parts printed with same Software and firmware versions?

Bad ribbon cable!

And you can still have good, smaller prints…since the feeding interruptions depend on the head position.

Bad ribbon cable!

And you can still have good, smaller prints…since the feeding interruptions depend on the head position.

How is it bad ? What you say contradicts what I say and what Kyle claims as well.

I don't see any interruption.

I think I see underextrusion in the second pic.

The cable might have a beginning intermittent connection. Search for ribbon cable… Symptoms and solutions have been discussed before.

hmhm, one would think that the print would stop if a cable was disconnected !

I would agree that the problem comes from the ribbon cable however replacing it seems absurd because it does work. The solution should be a clip. I see that there are several, which one is compatible with the first model of M200 ?

Please do some searching and read through the topics. It won’t stop printing… Just the extruder stepper stops feeding intermittently depending on the cable position (which in turn depends on the head position). The ribbon cable gets its intermittent connection (=broken inner wire) usually within an inch of the connector. I posted a fix for that too… You may be able to get around replacing it.

It’s not absurd at all…since you obviously have bad prints.

And as I said…since the issue is position dependent you could keep printing smaller parts perfectly all day…because the head does not get into the section of the platform where the cable gets kinked into its “intermittent position”.

The ribbon cable failure starts small…and then gradually gets bigger…

I searched but important information like this should be in the knowledge base and/or in s a sticky post.

The ribbon cable is indeed defective, just moving it makes a click sound and the LCD goes off.

None of the "ribbon cable clips" actually protect the cable.

http://support.zortrax.com/hc/en-us/articles/201168412-Main-Extruder-Cable-Replacement

There's no way to remove the cable from the hole without damaging it, if there is I wanna see it on video.

I force removed the old one and it got damaged up to the metal ! Then I cut through the aluminium frame to insert the new one not in the large circular hole but in the narrow hole next to it, yet the cable still had to be bent.

Awful design.

Did you consider trying my repair method before taking the whole cable out?

I would have considered it if you had shared it with me before, but for some reason you wanted me to search for it.

I found it, but since you don't want to share the link and it's not my finding I'm not sharing it here or anywhere.

Thanks for your help though :-D

Sorry, it’s not because I don’t want to share the link…why should I have a problem with sharing it? I just asked you to do some searching because I was writing the replies in a hurry on my phone while running around all day… I thought you would find it easily because it was shared a couple times already…

EDIT: here the link (I’m finally at my desktop…)

http://forum.zortrax.com/index.php?/topic/414-my-printer-not-printing-upper-left-part-of-printing-model/page-2

I would have considered it if you had shared it with me before, but for some reason you wanted me to search for it.

I found it, but since you don't want to share the link and it's not my finding I'm not sharing it here or anywhere.

Nice attitude - not a good way to get help on future problems.  Just because you don't want to take the time to run a forum search doesn't mean that someone else should drop what they are doing to help you out.  Or maybe you feel that your time is more important than Andre's time.

Are you positive that you want to take the sarcastic route? Remember, most of us are on here simply for the love of printing and the fun of being in a helpful community; we are in no way obligated to help you with any issue you have, and we DEFINITELY have no obligation to spoon-feed you. Advice was offered pointing you in the right direction, and had you failed to find it others on here surely would have helped. However, there is the assumption that people posting on here will have the courtesy to try the search function before posting about something that has been repeatedly and thoroughly covered.  

Ok, just to be clear… my “apology” was actually a little (okay…completely) sarcastic. I have no reason to really apologize…I helped you, pinpointed the root cause of your problems exactly, and you kept complaining which I perceived as extremely rude. I thought “whatever” and moved on. The comments from Michael and Labrat describe the situation very realistically and I’m shocked that you reported them.

Please be assured that this was the absolute last time that I “pretended” to help you.

Thanks and “sorry” for helping you “inadequately”.

I really couldn't help myself from "liking" your post - it was just too funny. I also greatly enjoyed seeing the strategy of getting the last word then plugging your ears  - I have fond memories of using that one in Elementary school. Oh, and "I'll teach you a lesson"? Absolutely classic portrayal of an 80's sitcom.

On a serious note, the level of entitlement displayed in your post is absolutely astronomical. According to you, "true help" is us taking our time to answer a question that has been answered so many times that we're sick of it just because you're too lazy to type three words into the search function? If somebody were to "truly help" you with homework, would you just hand them the book so they could write it up for you too?  It is completely fair of us to expect the tiniest scrap of effort on your part. I find your statement of " the less someone should have to spend time on it" specifically entertaining since it would have taken less time just to use the search. You really need to work on your attitude if you want to ever succeed in a professional setting. Just so you understand the true impact of your arrogance, you have just alienated at LEAST two members (and probably MichaelHenry), one of which (Andre) is probably one of the more helpful on the forum. As others read your posts, they too will be less willing to help you should you need further assistance.

Oh, and since you want to play the reporting game, I reported you as well for your profanity. The only difference between the two reports is that mine actually has merit. 

Huh.. Guess I missed something.. :huh:

Bad story here, some people don't deserve to be helped.

Huh.. Guess I missed something.. :huh:

The OP took offense when no one would spoon feed help to him and left in a huff after informing some of the respondents that he had reported them for some reason or other.  That particular post appears to have been removed.

Mike

Can't we all just get along??