Perfored Plate V2

Hi Zortrax team

In perforated plate V2 ABS juice is required?

thanks in advanced

marco

Yes, it’s recommended

How can i tell if i have th V1 or V2 pref board?

V2 is thicker and has 16 screw holes while V1 is thinner and has 8 screw holes.

V1:

8o-do_kadrowania.jpg

V2:

ZORTRAX_platform_01-e1425353183855.jpg

Latest V1 platform have also 16 holes and about 1,5mm (0,059 inch) thickness. The V2 platform have 16 holes and about 3mm (0.118 inch)

BR,

Igor

it also takes the heated plate?

or you can use the original ?

So just got the V2 plate today it came early. My V1 did have 16 holes thats why i couldn't tell. The V2 board is about twice as thick as the v1. Not bendable at all like the first one. The counter sinked the screw holes on the V2 board so you can use the same screws. If you have only 8 holes on the aluminum plate not sure this will work for you.

So just got the V2 plate today it came early. My V1 did have 16 holes thats why i couldn't tell. The V2 board is about twice as thick as the v1. Not bendable at all like the first one. The counter sinked the screw holes on the V2 board so you can use the same screws. If you have only 8 holes on the aluminum plate not sure this will work for you.

The 16 hole versions are compatible with 8 hope heated plates (just use fewer screws), and the V2 will be especially useful to people with 8 hole heated plates since it’ll have lower warping.

So as of today my V2 board no longer works. Every time i try to print the plate goes down not up. Forum said there is a short for the 3 pin connector. So after troubleshooting for a hr i found out that the V2 has a design flaw. The holes that the 16 screws go in the material wares away exposing the metal in the board therefor grounding out the plate the the metal base. The printer thinks the plate its touching the hotend but its not. I just ordered this a week ago after spending $80 im not happy at all. Back the the V1 and printing but zortrax needs to make this right and replace this item ASAP!!!

therefore, you should take the perforated plate V2 to mount instead of the “version 8 screws” ?

therefore, you should take the perforated plate V2 to mount instead of the "version 8 screws" ?

Not sure what you mean by this. I solved the problem put painters take between the aluminum plate and the pref plate something is grounding it out. Really hope zortrax replaces it considering i only had it a week!!!

So zortrax replaced me non working V2 board with a brand new one. Installed it and guess what IT DOES NOT WORK!! Same thing platform goes down not up. So can any on tell me why on the V2 boards the left and middle pins are solder together and the right is not. On the V1 they are not soldered together at all. Zortrax is the worst company i have ever dealt with. They as shipping crap to there customers. 

They sent you a replacement and you call them the worst company? I don’t know…

Anyway… Maybe the new plate has the same issue as the old one (grounding to the base). Remove all screws and see if it still moves down.

Is it possible one of the screws may contacting an inner layer of perf board causing a short to the aluminum plate? Pins on small connector are good? not bent?

They sent you a replacement and you call them the worst company? I don't know...

Anyway… Maybe the new plate has the same issue as the old one (grounding to the base). Remove all screws and see if it still moves down.Y

Yes i do call them the worst company. two boards dont work. Printer is making noises and quality of prints when to crap. Need to pay to have it ship out and fixed and its less then a month old. I have had my other printer for 8 months no problems. So im not to happy. I know what it is, yes its grounding to the base. 

Is it possible one of the screws may contacting an inner layer of perf board causing a short to the aluminum plate? Pins on small connector are good? not bent?

no there good, but is the left and center supposed to be solder together? My V1 boards are not like that on the V2's.

I only have V1. I was going to drill out the board for 16 screws but I noticed a trace on the bottom side. This is why I was asking about the screws. If the hole was off by .5mm it would cause a problem if the V2 has the same trace.. The black dot is where the hole should be.. LcNAsU.jpg

I only have V1. I was going to drill out the board for 16 screws but I noticed a trace on the bottom side. This is why I was asking about the screws. If the hole was off by .5mm it would cause a problem if the V2 has the same trace.. The black dot is where the hole should be.. LcNAsU.jpg

the holes seem good to me they are not one that metal conductor running around the board. can u see that 2 pins are soldered together?

OK.. Just got off the phone with a friend who has a V4 printer with V2 board. He said all three are separate. He's sent me a pic.. xvac1s.jpg

OK.. Just got off the phone with a friend who has a V4 printer with V2 board. He said all three are separate. He's sent me a pic.. xvac1s.jpg

both my boards are not separate and i have the V4 printer