Perfored Plate V2

I just did a continuity test with my V1 board.. The two pins soldered together on yours are the same as my V1.  Mine are not soldered together but still connect to the same place. In your picture the one on the left leads to the pads on the plate. Same as mine.. No difference electrically.. Something else is going on..

I just did a continuity test with my V1 board.. The two pins soldered together on yours are the same as my V1.  Mine are not soldered together but still connect to the same place. In your picture the one on the left leads to the pads on the plate. Same as mine.. No difference electrically.. Something else is going on..

ok then guess boards are bad

ok then guess boards are bad

Just the opposite.. Your boards will read exactly the same as my working board.. Not sure why a 3 pin was used unless that last wire is used for a ground or something.. Those boards should be fine..

Do you have a multi meter?

well why wont the build platform go up? It just keeps going down when trying to print

Do you have a multi meter?

Like a volt meter? My father does but I dont have one on hand.

Here is how the pins are set up.. The red line goes out the pads. The black lines are both connected. I would look really close to make sure that middle one isn't connected at all to the right one.. You can see the separate traces. I traced the edges..

here's the V2 connector it looks ok the soldering job does not took to good i would say

Hmm.. Let me run a couple of test..

Does it go up at all before a print starts or just drop down..

OK.. Did a test on mine.. If I short the middle or left to the right as in my pic, it drops down. You need to see if there is continuity between the one on the right and any of the other two.. This I'm guessing is the problem.. If there is not continuity between them, it is somewhere else in the machine. You could test board with a battery and a light bulb if you have no meter available..

It just goes down never goes up. Not if I left the whole plate off the magnets and hold it off the machine it will go up. Something on the plate, bottom screws Is grounding it out.

Hmm....

The pins were discussed in other threads and it seems to be normal that the two left pins are soldered together on later perfboards. Since you already know that your issue comes from the grounding to the base why do you worry about the connected pins?

It is most likely the heating plate under the metal plate, I just got done with a printer with the same symptoms. are you able to run the print bed up with the option in the maintenance section on the printer? If it works correctly then it is the heating plate. Ill see about it when I get my hands on your printer. ;D

- Michael

It works with all the V1 boards. My V2 worked for a week then it stopped now this new V2 bored won’t work at all. It’s brand new never used.

Ok thanks mike.

please include the board when you ship, that way I can rule out all possible options.

I have hardware version V4.  Just got mine last week.  Is there a picture of the small connector and how it should be reattached.  I knocked mine off last night.  have ordered a replacement but still would like to repair this one.  Thanks

I have hardware version V4.  Just got mine last week.  Is there a picture of the small connector and how it should be reattached.  I knocked mine off last night.  have ordered a replacement but still would like to repair this one.  Thanks

Look at the post I made on the 6th at 8:14  (above) Open the pic. I outlined the traces on it.