Performance 3-D nozzles!

I've been doing business with P3D for about 8 months.  Their customer service is excellent, period.  I run the Hercules version on 7+ units and just ordered more. If you have a problem with their product(s) and don't address it with them, you should have..  They will make it right.  I, personally, will continue to order from them.

Thank you, we appreciate it.  

I did not talk about reviews or posts in public forums. There have been contacts directly with P3D (it was not me) and no I will not provide further details since I got this info not for addressing it to the public.

I just went back and double checked my emails, searching through them, and I can find no record of a conversation that was emailed to us talking about this issue that wasn't resolved.  I am not saying you have to post it publicly, but if you, or in this case it seems your contacts, would email us directly and let us know what the problem is we can resolve it.  

In fact, contacting us directly and letting us know is the only way for us to become aware of possible issues (we were alerted to this thread by chance, otherwise we would have never known about your post).  

Regards,

Jay

Thank you for bringing these problems to our attention, this is the first we've heard of the issue.  To our knowledge, nothing with the nozzle geometry changed when Zortrax released the V2 hotend, but we were still wondering if that could be the issue.  However, at least a few users in this thread report they are using it on V2 hotends without issue.  

Now that we know about this we can and will investigate further.  I am sorry for those users that have had this issue with leaking, and we plan to get to the bottom of it as quickly as we can.  

We take these issues very seriously as we pride ourselves with the quality of our products and this is obviously not the user experience we want any of our customers to have.  

I will try to post back with updates as we have them.  In the mean time, I would ask anyone who's using our nozzles, with or without problems, to post their details if possible (when and where bought, which version hotend).  

Best regards,

Jay

P3-d

No worries, these things happen and printers are fickle.

If you want to know where I bought mine please PM me. You are welcome to send me replacements as well.

No worries, these things happen and printers are fickle.

If you want to know where I bought mine please PM me. You are welcome to send me replacements as well.

Couldn't have said it better myself, unfortunately they are pretty temperamental.  I'll send you a PM...

I thing that topic's name could be changed. I m using P3D on different machines and probably is one of best high quality machined 3d printing component that I ever had.

I thing that topic's name could be changed. I m using P3D on different machines and probably is one of best high quality machined 3d printing component that I ever had.

Thanks for your comments iH8u, that would certainly be OK with us.  

With everyone's help and feedback on this, we've been able to determine the probable cause.  It seems that the current nozzles are right on borderline edge of having the inlet bore too deep and as part of standard manufacturing tolerances some of them are not making contact with the metal tube that sticks down through the hot end.  Zortrax factory nozzles preload against this tube by about .05 - .1mm.  

Since some nozzles are working great and others are leaking, we are taking the measure to make this bore shallower and re-machine new nozzles to eliminate this. Anyone who has had issues with the nozzles leaking we will gladly replace them if purchased directly from us. If you've purchased through a distributor of ours then you can go through them.  We expect to have the revised nozzles ready in about 4 weeks.  Sorry for the delay and problems this may have caused any of you, but again thank you for all the feedback and help in tracking this down.  

I agree that the mod should change the name so it isn't insulting to the company.  They don't deserve this kind of negativity over the experience of one person.  I deal with pissers & whiners every day trying to cry their way through to something free in order to cover up their inability to operate something properly, (I hope i annoyed you, yes, you if you're one of these).  I run 10+ of these units and haven't had a single issue.  I will buy more because they WORK!  Now to heat up the espresso machine again.

Done.

Thanks for your comments iH8u, that would certainly be OK with us.  

With everyone's help and feedback on this, we've been able to determine the probable cause.  It seems that the current nozzles are right on borderline edge of having the inlet bore too deep and as part of standard manufacturing tolerances some of them are not making contact with the metal tube that sticks down through the hot end.  Zortrax factory nozzles preload against this tube by about .05 - .1mm.  

Since some nozzles are working great and others are leaking, we are taking the measure to make this bore shallower and re-machine new nozzles to eliminate this. Anyone who has had issues with the nozzles leaking we will gladly replace them if purchased directly from us. If you've purchased through a distributor of ours then you can go through them.  We expect to have the revised nozzles ready in about 4 weeks.  Sorry for the delay and problems this may have caused any of you, but again thank you for all the feedback and help in tracking this down.  

Agree with you, feedback is the best way the make things work better.

Please let me know if you need some feedback on Z-M200 nozzles, i will obviously buy some.