Persistent tick/noise on extruder gear

Hello, I'd like a few opinions as why this occurs, as it happened on 2 fairly new M200 printers.The gear is ticking but is pulling the material inside more or less. Currently 1 of them is working somehow even though gear cleaning did not fix the issue in the first try (also there was no stuck material midway). Also something that is observed is half extrusion (or none at all) of the material through the nozzle, I took this initially as a clogged nozzle so I put in acetone but the same issue is happening on the second printer.

Tips/steps would be welcome to avoid and fix this as I said the printers are fairly new with a minimal overall print time.

EDIT: I have swapped the nozzle from a working machine and it seems to work fine, so the problem shifts to the following: why does the nozzles clog in such way, should I keep the nozzle more than 12 hours in acetone?

Hello, I'd like a few opinions as why this occurs, as it happened on 2 fairly new M200 printers.The gear is ticking but is pulling the material inside more or less. Currently 1 of them is working somehow even though gear cleaning did not fix the issue in the first try (also there was no stuck material midway). Also something that is observed is half extrusion (or none at all) of the material through the nozzle, I took this initially as a clogged nozzle so I put in acetone but the same issue is happening on the second printer.

Tips/steps would be welcome to avoid and fix this as I said the printers are fairly new with a minimal overall print time.

EDIT: I have swapped the nozzle from a working machine and it seems to work fine, so the problem shifts to the following: why does the nozzles clog in such way, should I keep the nozzle more than 12 hours in acetone?

It could be that you’ve received faulty nozzle (diameter <0,4mm)

Give us a shout through support.zortrax.com/support-form , mention our conversation there, we will provide you a new nozzle.

Thanks, will do. It seems that any attempt to clean the nozzle leads to same results..

Best way to clean the nozzle that I've found is to heat the nozzle (by starting a filament load cycle) and then to run the nozzle wire into the nozzle (largest one that fits). Then leave the wire in the nozzle and trigger a load cycle, when the motor starts slipping, slowly pull the wire out of the nozzle. The extra pressure and drag of the wire forces material out. I've never had to soak a nozzle doing this + scotchbright with acetone.

Also I've found with z-glass, sometimes I have to do a load cycle with the nozzle off due to a material plug. 

Sometimes nozzles just have an off-tolerance bore size, or a piece of swarf inside.

Attached with starter kit 0.35 and 0.4mm inserts will solve most of nozzle problems just in case I use this inserts every few prints (remember to heat extruder first). 

Attached with starter kit 0.35 and 0.4mm inserts will solve most of nozzle problems just in case I use this inserts every few prints (remember to heat extruder first). 

I have used the inserts, didn't do anything at first. I had to repeat the process 5 times to get it working, the insert always got through in those 4 attempts, so yeah, this nozzle has some personality to it..