Planning to buy zortrax, 2 quick questions!

Hi Everyone,

New to the forum!

I am planning to buy a Zortrax soon, just wondering if anyone can comment on:

1) The quality achievable with very small prints. I am planning to print doll heads for stop motion that are around 2-4cm tall (and small hands and feet on occasion also).

2) When modelling the doll heads, can I model the head (face/ears/eyes etc) and the hair as separate -overlapping- meshes and get a successfull print with Z-suite, or would the hair and the head need to be one single manifold mesh (or printed separately and glued together).

Thanks in advance

Raphael

I can print your models and make some pictures, you'll can look how it looks :)

Thankyou Igor, I would love to take you up on this offer. Can you please let me know how I would need to model re: my hair/head question above?

Much appreciated!

I have a few model samples for you to print, then if I like them I'll pay for shipping so I can see better detail.... hehehe lol Cheers! 

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :P

Hello again Igor
I am not sure if this file will be "printer friendly" as I have not had experience with using STL etc. Can the attached file be printed as a sample, at anywhere between 2-4cm height?
Thanks in advance!
Raph.
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:1329]

From someone who has 2 brand new "DOWN! Minus's" sitting on the floor, and who has just ordered a second Zortrax, I would say there's no better option available in the price bracket.

All printers are fickle, but for end user ABS prints I've seen nothing better.

This was printed on Z-Ultrat prototype color “Skin” - 90 microns

qygugn.png

2uh1o5z.png

fa8meh.png

Wow, those are some nice prints! Though it’s kinda cheating using a filament that isn’t publicly available. :wink:

Tomorrow morning I’ll have prints in other color :slight_smile: You can also print it and cheat you by yourself :stuck_out_tongue:

Thankyou so much for printing that for me. The quality is fantastic, and I will be ordering a zortrax in the next day or 2 :)