Poor bridging?

The Make: magazine's Annual Guide to 3D Printing gave the M200 printer a low score of 1 for bridging. All the other categories were either 4 or 5. The attached photo shows an object printed on my M200. Mesh infill, no support, smart bridges,Z-ABS, auto fan, .019 resolution. The span is 55mm. Looks pretty good to me. Only required very minimal filing to make it perfectly straight.

Guy

What did the bottom of the bridge look like?  On my printer with Z-ABS, it usually looks pretty stringy.

Attached is a close-up of the bottom of the bridge. The wall thickness was 2mm. No post-print processing was done on this pic. Looks quite nice, eh?

Guy 

MAKE Magazine will always penalize the M200 in ratings because it's not open source - they are biased that way.

Attached is a close-up of the bottom of the bridge. The wall thickness was 2mm. No post-print processing was done on this pic. Looks quite nice, eh?

Guy 

Thanks shorter bridges don't look anywhere near as good on my printer.  Are you using ZSuite 1.41 or some other version?

@MichaelHenry... I'm using 1.4.1. I've noticed on the first or second bridge pass the filament sags a wee bit but snaps to a straighter line as it cools. I suppose this is normal. 

Guy

Thanks Guy - I must have some sort of problem with temperature or my fans.