Potential buyer ... your opinion on the M200!

Hi everyone ...

I have just joined the forum because I’m considering buying a M200!

I currently have a Sharebot NG double extruder which are not very happy as the quality of the prints:frowning: :frowning:

I therefore ask you your opinion as experts / users of the M200 what do you think? what is your opinion of the M200? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Thanks to all those who respond to me

:slight_smile: :wink:

Hi azzoni,

The M200 is sturdy, reliable and have one of the best quality prints in the market. But inherits all the limitations and drawbacks of this technology.

The hardware have more potential then the software which is still in beta stage.

Btw what kind of problems you have with this Sharebot? Just to have more details to understand what are you looking for.

hi and thank you for answer!

My problems with the Sharebot are related to the world of open sorce…

In other words I don’t have the time to perform each time different tests based on the ratio filament/printer and therefore try to optimize with the result that the output is not are never good! Another problem is related to the maintenance / calibration (of the plane) and for this reason I really like the system of the M200 …

If you are looking for a easy to use printer Zortrax M200 is the way to go imo. :) 

What are you going to print?

Actually I am looking for a printer that will give me good results without wasting too much time… I know the various parameters and settings but devoting print the short time available (I have an activity in another area) I don’t want to lose all the time between test and settings … I am looking for a product that is always ready to print…

Besides all this I come from a bad experience with my current printer and that’s why I ask you the courtesy to help me understand if the M200 is the right choice…

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Zortrax M200 IS the right printer for you if you want a for a product that is always ready to print. Just press buy button and enjoy the wait.

Thank you … I await other opinions … :slight_smile:

Pros:

- lead time is 7 days

- good print quality

- it is easy to use

- .09 mm up to .390 mm resolution

- rigid aluminium frame

Cons:

- slicer still have some bugs

- relatively expensive filament for EU market

- single extruder support

- currently only Z-ABS and Z-ULTRAT are available to print with

if I’m not mistaken

• Z-Software is in development…I’m hoping for improvements

• I have a NG with double-extruder … I thought it was an advantage but often it is not and indeed can not even remember how long to calibrate…

Thanks!

Pros:

• lead time is 7 days

• good print quality

• it is easy to use

• .09 mm up to .390 mm resolution

• rigid frame

Cons:

• slicer still have some bugs

• relatively expensive filament for EU market

• single extruder support

The M200 is my first printer.. I have a CNC mill and router so I was familiar with computer controlled machines. I must say that this printer is awesome. You must do a little to the bed when you get it. (light sanding) Helps prints stick.. Other than that It runs flawless. Had it 9 months now. You will be pleased.. Just look in the print room for quality of prints.

Thanks!

The M200 is my first printer.. I have a CNC mill and router so I was familiar with computer controlled machines. I must say that this printer is awesome. You must do a little to the bed when you get it. (light sanding) Helps prints stick.. Other than that It runs flawless. Had it 9 months now. You will be pleased.. Just look in the print room for quality of prints.

The Zortrax is my 3D printer, too, and I usually find that prints come out quite well so long as the part design is good.  The one I've designed myself with GeoMagic Design almost always come out well.  I've had mixed results with designs that have been downloaded from Thingiverse or GrabCad.

Prints with large footprints, say larger than 15x15 cm where most of the perf board contacts the part have been iffy for me; the corners usually peel up.  I've yet to follow up on the user and Zortrax fixes for that, though, so it is probably something that can be worked around without too much trouble.

From the prints on the Internet that I've seen from other brand printers, Zortrax is really one of the better models out there right now.  The mechanical quality is really quite good, much better than I expected.  

Mike

thanks again … your experiences are very important to me!

Other?!?

The Zortrax is my 3D printer, too, and I usually find that prints come out quite well so long as the part design is good.  The one I've designed myself with GeoMagic Design almost always come out well.  I've had mixed results with designs that have been downloaded from Thingiverse or GrabCad.

Prints with large footprints, say larger than 15x15 cm where most of the perf board contacts the part have been iffy for me; the corners usually peel up.  I’ve yet to follow up on the user and Zortrax fixes for that, though, so it is probably something that can be worked around without too much trouble.

From the prints on the Internet that I’ve seen from other brand printers, Zortrax is really one of the better models out there right now.  The mechanical quality is really quite good, much better than I expected.  

Mike

there is one for sale right now used here on ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/zortrax-m200-v2-/261586206638?ssPageName=ADME:L:LCA:US:1123 

because in the sale?

there is one for sale right now used here on ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/zortrax-m200-v2-/261586206638?ssPageName=ADME:L:LCA:US:1123 

thanks again ... your experiences are very important to me!

Other?!?

Wow, Paulo, how many more opinions/recommendations do you need?

;)

Let me add one more testimonial. I have Up Plus and Up Mini and  I have been using it for the past 2 years for my 3D printing business. Then I bought FF Dreamer because I could  not keep rejecting request for large printing job from my customers.  But the Dreamer was not comparable at all with the Up in terms of ease of use, maintenance and printing quality. It was a costly mistake :(.

After reading review from experienced users here and also in 'another forum' before, I decided to go for Zortrax. Yes it is quite expensive compared to others but the build quality is good, very easy to use and I found out the printing quality is somehow better than the Up. I've been having it for 3 weeks (V3) and for me, if you are looking for a tool for your project, then Zortrax is the answer.

I'm not saying the other brand is not good but if you read all the comments in their user forum, it will make you to think more than thrice to purchase one.

:slight_smile: :stuck_out_tongue:

Wow, Paulo, how many more opinions/recommendations do you need?

:wink:

but the wifi works or not ???