Print 10 mm up to the platform

I have a brand new printer. The first problem was the calibration had not possible. The shop was changed the platform. Now the calibration is completed, but the printer start to print on the air over 10 mm of the platform. I checked this new platform but I am afraid the small connector soldering is a short circuit. Is this not a problem?

The calibration completed? Touched all 5 pads and said ok? Does the nozzle touch the center pad before print starts? The connector looks ok.. Left two pins can touch.

The calibration completed, touched all 5 pads and the reasult was 0.0;0.0;0.1;0.0;0.1 (but impossible to set beter). I have tryed from the center to start the print. The connector looks ok, as you see on the picture. 

The calibration completed, touched all 5 pads and the reasult was 0.0;0.0;0.1;0.0;0.1 (but impossible to set beter). I have tryed from the center to start the print. The connector looks ok, as you see on the picture. 

Hey there phars.

Please contact our customer support team regarding this issue: support@zortrax.com

First of all you should clean your nozzle  ;)

Next try to investigate the sliced model in Z-Suite, is it on the bed?

Check the first layers with layers view.

Second question.. Right before print starts does the nozzle touch the center pad and front left corner or stop short.

I would have extended that 2nd question after the first check is o.k. (check that the sliced model is on the bed with layers view):

At every start of a print the printer calibrates the nozzles Z height. As Kyle wrote, the nozzle first touches the center metallic pad on the bed, then moves to the left front one (not really touching it, but bed goes near to the nozzle) and after that the bed moves down about 20mm. The nozzle then moves to the 'run in' point where it starts the filament flow and the bed should move up to the nozzle at this point too.

Just watch what happens at that time. Does the bed move up and then down agein, or does it just not move up enought?

Best would be a video of that process, but check layers view first (and clean the nozzle)  ;)

I had that problem when I printed the tip of my Master Sword. Z-Suite pretends that any feature smaller than the nozzle diameter doesn’t exist, so if you’re trying to print something that contacts the bed at a single point, the print will fail. You can try flipping the model over or tweaking it so that the point connects to a sacrificial cube.

Same issue here:

Brand new machine, printed 3 parts. Then mid-air printing mayhem. Even after calibrating successfully, my prints begin about 1-2 cm off the platform.

There are some frustrated users like myself who have encountered this. Zortrax needs to put this up front and address it quickly. I'm a handy guy, but I don't have a way to reflow that soldering job on those v2 boards 3 pin lead. That's assuming the problem is the 3 pin connector...

I've scoured the forum, there's definitely an problem but it's hard to pinpoint what it is exactly... 

Either an issue with the perfboard back somehow shorting the build platform directly via contact, or the 3 pin connector shorting. In my case, I took off the v2 board and replaced with my v1 (luckily I had one handy). I examined the v2 board. Couldn't find any visible evidence of a potential short across the back. And without a microscope I couldn't see whether the solder job on the left 2 pins had somehow reflowed onto the right pin.

My v1 board immediately calibrated and is in use. Bummer...

Zortrax?