Print beds available?

I managed to get my bed out of calibration and the nozzle scraped some of the paint or coating off the perf bed on one side.  I'll email sales on this but does anyone know if Zortrax sells the beds as separate pieces?

Mike

I was wondering the same thing Micheal. I would just like to have a clean one on stand by at all times. I have already printed out numerous 200mm by 190 mm parts that all adhere perfectly to a clean perf bed. But not so well to a dirty one. 

No glue, no enclosure, just a clean calibrated bed.  So it would be nice to have an extra one on hand for all of my big prints.

+1 My bed is slightly curved up over the center, and would like a new one before trying to fix the one I have.

This is a little annoying when doing larger prints, as they have a hard time sticking on the sides. So ++1 from this part of the world

+1 for spare beds!

I just emailed sales to ask and will report back here what they say, unless Nizzy beats me to it.

Fortunately the prints still seem OK, especially after I leveled the bed.

Mike

Hello

I have a similar wish. I use my printer almost 24/7, my bed look like it was never perforated, plus it is slightly elevated at the center. 

After many print and scraping, eventually will need replacement. Please make it available. Thank you  

Dr-J

Hello

I have a similar wish. I use my printer almost 24/7, my bed look like it was never perforated, plus it is slightly elevated at the center. 

After many print and scraping, eventually will need replacement. Please make it available. Thank you  

Dr-J

Dr-J - Have you had any luck cleaning out the perforations? I haven't tried it, but I wonder if acetone and compressed air would do the trick.

Yes, I did try acetone, only after I use the heat gun, and carefully poke out one hole at the time. Once the perforation was clean, I wash the whole think with acetone.

Compressed air is a good idea, some small nozzle. I really like the build plate vs glass. Might need more maintenance, but no need for tape.

I have fresh and good news that print bed will be available on our stores. We need to prepare first batch and I will give you a short update!

great thanks !!!

i have taken apart my bed many times. cleaned out the holes and put back together. still works great !!.

i have noticed that when taking parts off the bed the top layer lifts and will cause a high spot so cleaning is needed.

they may want to put that in the manual.

-Lou

IMO you guys should not remove the stuff out of the perforations…the fuller the perforations the better the platform adhesion gets! ABS sticks to ABS very well. Just scrape top and bottom every once in a while and shake the loose ones out but leave the tight knobs in there…

I have fresh and good news that print bed will be available on our stores. We need to prepare first batch and I will give you a short update!

Great! Thank's Nizzy.

Thanks Nizzy.  For what it's worth the prints are coming out well even with the scratches.

Mike

Sales got back to me and says that replacement beds should be available soon.  No word on price or availability.

Mike

a few weeks ago they told me the same story - its january 2015 now… it must be very hard to create this new article in your shop - do you use sap :-)…

Deleted post

I ordered one 10 days ago, got it in about 4 days.

I ordered a bed shortly after my previous post in this thread and got it a few days later.